Home » Support » 3D Printing » bounding box volume and pricing.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
bounding box volume and pricing. [message #85503] Thu, 27 February 2014 05:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar thomashollier  is currently offline thomashollier
Go to all my models

I am about to print 1 of 2 models I uploaded but I am really confused about pricing. The two models have the same bounding box but one has thinner walls. The one with the thinner walls has a volume of 135cm3 and a density of 7.37% while the other has a volume of 290cm3 and density of 15.87%. Unfortunately, the price difference is only 15% (190 vs 219). I was hoping to get the price down proportionally. What is causing this lack of savings?
Re: bounding box volume and pricing. [message #85505 is a reply to message #85503 ] Thu, 27 February 2014 06:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
You have probably chosen the strong&flexible plastic, where a discount is applied when the model is "big" but has over 10% density. Try to thin the walls only to the point of 10% density, or sneak in some small other part to drive up the density of the thin-walled model.
Re: bounding box volume and pricing. [message #85555 is a reply to message #85505 ] Thu, 27 February 2014 17:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar thomashollier  is currently offline thomashollier
Go to all my models
Okay, that was it. Thanks for the help.

Previous Topic:Revert to a previous version of the model ?
Next Topic:Printing an assembly with interlocking parts

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.