Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Designer needed for mesh sphere and stand
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Designer needed for mesh sphere and stand [message #85357] Mon, 24 February 2014 13:30 UTC Go to next message
avatar gregmacoy  is currently offline gregmacoy
Go to all my models
Hello,

My father would like to create a titanium sphere for his wife, very similar to these examples:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaterialise/5367277712/

...and this one:

http://titanium3dprinting.com/img/titanium-3d-printing-slide how-3.jpg

Except instead of hexagons making up the mesh, he would like heart shapes. Encased inside, he would like a crystal (which we can source), and then a stand on which the sphere can sit. The sphere should be about 42mm in diameter. We need help producing the design files, is there anybody that can help?

Please send me a private message if you can.

Thank you for your assistance,

Greg Macoy
Re: Designer needed for mesh sphere and stand [message #85369 is a reply to message #85357 ] Mon, 24 February 2014 17:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Vidalcris  is currently offline Vidalcris
Go to my shop
Pm Sent :)

Re: Designer needed for mesh sphere and stand [message #85444 is a reply to message #85357 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 01:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gregmacoy  is currently offline gregmacoy
Go to all my models
Thanks for all the great responses guys – we've been quite overwhelmed. I'll hopefully be able to draw up some sketches to use as a guide in the next few days.
Re: Designer needed for mesh sphere and stand [message #85451 is a reply to message #85444 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 07:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways does not make objects in Titanium.
Re: Designer needed for mesh sphere and stand [message #85496 is a reply to message #85451 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 23:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
AmLachDesigns wrote on Wed, 26 February 2014 07:06

Shapeways does not make objects in Titanium.

Nor would it be possible to add an object to the interior of the 3D print during printing.

Paul

Previous Topic:Looking for someone to make a phone case design
Next Topic:Help needed to turn DNA into something beautiful using 3D printing.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.