Home » Support » 3D Applications » Specify dimensions / size in Maya
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Specify dimensions / size in Maya [message #5301] Mon, 20 July 2009 10:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Johnny9000  is currently offline Johnny9000
Go to all my models
Hi there

This is probably a beginners question but i am a beginner..! Does anyone know how to specify the dimensions of a model in Maya - eg so a cube is 60mm x 60mm x 60mm?

I know this is possible in 3DS Max but haven't found a way to do this in Maya

Any help would be very much appreciated

Johnny

[Updated on: Mon, 20 July 2009 10:01 UTC]

Re: Specify dimensions / size in Maya [message #5522 is a reply to message #5301 ] Wed, 29 July 2009 14:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar raalst  is currently offline raalst
Go to my shop
I'm also beginner, have the same question for wings3d.

Hmm, this might be(-come) a FAQ (pleeease ?)
Re: Specify dimensions / size in Maya [message #5530 is a reply to message #5522 ] Wed, 29 July 2009 14:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Maya: Window>Setting preferences>settings>units

Wings3D: Measured in WU (wings units) and are arbitrary like most modeling programs. I.e. if it's ten WU's wide, when you upload it you can specify it is in Milimeters and hence it will be 10mm wide.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wings_3D/User_Manual/User_Inter face/The_Information_String

Re: Specify dimensions / size in Maya [message #5548 is a reply to message #5301 ] Wed, 29 July 2009 18:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar raalst  is currently offline raalst
Go to my shop
thanks ! I felt a bit too virtual for a while Wink
Re: Specify dimensions / size in Maya [message #5551 is a reply to message #5548 ] Wed, 29 July 2009 19:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
Been there... done that.... Got the T-shirt...

hehe
Re: Specify dimensions / size in Maya [message #5789 is a reply to message #5301 ] Tue, 11 August 2009 15:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Johnny9000  is currently offline Johnny9000
Go to all my models
brilliant thanks a lot
Johnny
Re: Specify dimensions / size in Maya [message #8528 is a reply to message #5530 ] Wed, 23 December 2009 22:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
WiKKiDWidgets wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 14:42

Maya: Window>Setting preferences>settings>units

Wings3D: Measured in WU (wings units) and are arbitrary like most modeling programs. I.e. if it's ten WU's wide, when you upload it you can specify it is in Milimeters and hence it will be 10mm wide.

Yes, thanks, that helped a lot. I have been messing around forever importing, exporting, measuring, and repeating just trying to get the right size!

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Matlab to 3ds?
Next Topic:Downscale model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.