Home » Community » It arrived! » Stainless Steel Ring Assortment
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Stainless Steel Ring Assortment [message #8501] Tue, 22 December 2009 19:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar chris3d  is currently offline chris3d
Go to all my models
Hi, here's a selection of rings that arrived form Shapeways:today.
I really love the results:

index.php?t=getfile&id=2122&private=0

Ring 1: Lego Ring - There are a few lines / artefacts form the scintering process.
It's a really solid piece of jewellery.
The piece is approx 0.2mm smaller than the original 3d model's dimensions - there maybe some shrinkage in the process.
As a result lego brick fits on the studs, just, but it's a tight fit.

Ring 2: Diamond "Bling" Ring - this came out really well. The 3d model was made with lots of smooth, curved edges and the result looks very well finished. I will try polishing this up with a dremel.

Ring 3/4: Fork Ring. I really pushed the minimum wall thickness for this ring. Most of it is 1.2 mm in thickness.
The tines of the fork are smaller still. As a result it is quite lumpy and may be too thin to polish up. But Now I know exactly what the lower tolerances are for Stainless Steel. The print of the same model in White Strong & Flexible material was perfect in every detail!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to the team at Shapeways for a great first print. I hope to do more very soon.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 December 2009 19:52 UTC]

Re: Stainless Steel Ring Assortment [message #8536 is a reply to message #8501 ] Thu, 24 December 2009 10:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mathijs van beers  is currently offline Mathijs van beers
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm an intern!
Lego, always cool Cool
Nice designs and amassing how thin your fork is! Only the the star on the end is missing in rvs, probably polished off.
Anyway, good job man, keep up the good work! Smile

Cheers,
Mathijs

Previous Topic:GL Ring
Next Topic:Itty Bitty bottle

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.