Home » Support » 3D Design » Embossing in Ceramics
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Embossing in Ceramics [message #84491] Fri, 07 February 2014 00:17 UTC Go to next message
avatar kelmanbee  is currently offline kelmanbee
Go to my shop
I have a piece I designed and I embossed its name in the base (http://shpws.me/qLz6). As I've read the material rules, any curve needs to have a 2mm bend radius and embossing needs to be a minimum of 2mm tall. That basically implies that if I do any text 2mm tall it'll be a round bump right? As of right now my embossed text is 1.75mm tall and has some very hard edges (they are setting off the thin walls autocheck for some reason). Has anyone done embossing in ceramics? The forums seem empty when I search!

Thanks,
Kelly
Re: Embossing in Ceramics [message #84673 is a reply to message #84491 ] Mon, 10 February 2014 15:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
2mm is good for corners. It obviously wouldn't work to radius a 3mm thick wall with 2mm. You do need to break the edges to help the glaze adhere. Maybe .5mm?

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:How to locate small defects in Netfabb
Next Topic:No Geometry Found issue (Blender)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.