Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84413] Wed, 05 February 2014 21:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
This weeks release has an exciting rejections improvement: Now you can talk directly to (most of) your customers!

You asked we listened!
When it comes to 3D printability issues, we know it can be stressful for you as a Shop Owner. Especially in the worst case scenario, when a customer buys your product and finds out it can't be printed.

We know you want the opportunity to fix your model to still make that sale, and that reaching out to your customer directly could help speed that up.

So as of today, we'll still email both Shop Owners and your customers regarding any printability issues, but we'll also provide each party with the option to contact one another through a Forum Private Message. That way, you can work directly with your customers to keep the sales flowing!

Please note, if someone chose to check out as a guest, then we can't contact those folks, because they never made a Shapeways account.

Incrementally, bit by bit, we are chipping away at making rejections better!

WOo!
Natalia

Community Manager | Shapeways
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84414 is a reply to message #84413 ] Wed, 05 February 2014 21:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 3rdboxcar  is currently offline 3rdboxcar
Go to my shop
yippeeee... thanks

Alexander. N Scale American modeller. Please visit my shop Boxcar Models.
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84418 is a reply to message #84414 ] Wed, 05 February 2014 22:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barkingdigger  is currently offline barkingdigger
Go to my shop
Hi Natalia,

This is very good news indeed!

Regarding "guest" customers, do you at least collect their email address? If so, could SW play "middle man" to provide some form of contact between designer and customer, while still protecting the customer's privacy by not revealing their email address? Think "Paypal", where the two parties (seller & buyer) don't expose their bank accounts because Paypal holds all the info securely and does the money-moving behind the scenes. SW could do similar with messages, so at least the messages can get from designer to customer. Would this work? If not, you might want to add a big warning to this effect at Checkout, to persuade folks to make accounts!
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84419 is a reply to message #84413 ] Wed, 05 February 2014 22:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
barkingdigger, that's actually currently how it works, with the customer service team acting as the middle man. We're trying to make it more efficient and easier for you.

:-)

Community Manager | Shapeways
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84437 is a reply to message #84419 ] Thu, 06 February 2014 12:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barkingdigger  is currently offline barkingdigger
Go to my shop
Hi Natalia,

Sorry - I thought your first post suggested "guests" were a black hole. I know you normally act as go-between, but wasn't sure if that only worked with account holders. So, if I understand correctly, we can always contact customers via SW if needs be, but can now get direct access to them if they are account holders. Looks good all round!
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84446 is a reply to message #84437 ] Thu, 06 February 2014 14:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar periocus  is currently offline periocus
Go to my shop
I have the issus that my deliveries hardly go as planned.

Some models are printed again, again, (though they fit the rules) Sometimes i get a notice, when just a sprue is broken. In the last delivery some models were included where parts were missing without handing me a notice before. But i repaired them. They were just prototypes.
I would like to improve my way of drawing to stop that, but i rarely get information what the general problem is and what i have to change. Some things i figured out myself with the help of the customer servive, but this made it hardly better.

I even do not dare to ask the customer service anymore, though they really try to help. I do not want to be regarded as troublemaker.

Would be nice, in some cases, to take a picture of problematic models, before they are thrown away.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 February 2014 14:32 UTC]

Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84461 is a reply to message #84413 ] Thu, 06 February 2014 17:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar i8kermit  is currently offline i8kermit
Go to my shop
This is awesome! I've been hoping this would come for a while now, thanks for implementing!

www.prero.com
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84482 is a reply to message #84461 ] Thu, 06 February 2014 22:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
the contents of this posting are ONLY meant as humor

Oh! Cool! I can't wait for my next ....

hm.. on second thought.. never mind....

[Updated on: Thu, 06 February 2014 22:26 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84512 is a reply to message #84482 ] Fri, 07 February 2014 15:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Well I try to tell my first customer I have fixed his rejected model and I get

There is no user named "xxxxxxx" in this forum.

have contacted customer services !

Tom
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #84747 is a reply to message #84482 ] Tue, 11 February 2014 16:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Hey! It works!

Bad that I goofed up a simple sprue by 0.03mm
Good that I could tell the customer that it's fixed.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Weekly Release Notes: February 5th - Talk to your customers with the improved rejections emails! [message #85090 is a reply to message #84747 ] Wed, 19 February 2014 16:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar railNscale  is currently offline railNscale
Go to my shop
Hello,

I am sorry, but this new service is not really a help at all.
So now I have to explain to a customer that the rejection of Shapeways is faulty?

I thought that SW didn't want to get designers involved between end-customers and SW. This feature is enhancing this. At least this was a comment I received some months ago when SW service was completely not available to the end customer and I was informed via www about issues with printing RAILNSCALE models.

It would be an improvement if SW actually would do quality checks in a proper manner and stop rejecting stuff without allowing anybody to fix issues. And sorry, in 90% of the cases SW proofs to be faulty in their rejections.

Regards,
Maurice
RAILNSCALE

rail N scale 'Een verrijking voor uw miniatuurwereld' railNscale.wordpress.com

Previous Topic:Weekly release notes: February 12th - maybe button, exciting upcoming features
Next Topic:Weekly Release Notes: February 19th: Faster Silver lead time, SEO improvements & Beta release