Home » Support » 3D Applications » lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #74930] Tue, 17 September 2013 15:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar DigitalSummitTV  is currently offline DigitalSummitTV
Go to all my models
I had issues with my model (made in maya) so I export as .OBJ and into MeshLab (look good with color texture) and export into .Stl to fix in Netfabb. I was able to to correct many of the problem but once it goes out as .stl and comes back into Meshlab I seem to lose the texture mapping (wanted to export a fixed .obj in color) . I want to do a full color sandstone - Any advise on this issue?

Thanks
Orlando

Re: lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #74932 is a reply to message #74930 ] Tue, 17 September 2013 15:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns is currently online AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
.stl format does not have colour info. If you can, use a format such as those specified by SW for Color printing: DAE, WRL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV.

This post by mkroeker may help you, also: 74768
Re: lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #74937 is a reply to message #74932 ] Tue, 17 September 2013 15:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DigitalSummitTV  is currently offline DigitalSummitTV
Go to all my models
but Netfabb (I think) can only input .stl to fix - I was following this
https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/how_to_use_meshlab_and_n etfabb

I did try bringing in .obj into Netfabb which worked but still not keeping texture.

I am guessing that if I messing with mesh via netfabb I need to recreate UV and reapply texture in Maya?

Re: lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #84504 is a reply to message #74937 ] Fri, 07 February 2014 10:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Polygonica  is currently offline Polygonica
Go to all my models
Polygonica can automatically heal meshes whilst retaining colour.

More info here: http://www.polygonica.com/blog/2014/02/06/machineworks-relea ses-polygonica-v1.1/

www.polygonica.com

Previous Topic:Problem with saving as STL in Solidworks
Next Topic:Is there a general template for Shapeways?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.