Home » Support » 3D Applications » lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #74930] Tue, 17 September 2013 15:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar DigitalSummitTV  is currently offline DigitalSummitTV
Go to all my models
I had issues with my model (made in maya) so I export as .OBJ and into MeshLab (look good with color texture) and export into .Stl to fix in Netfabb. I was able to to correct many of the problem but once it goes out as .stl and comes back into Meshlab I seem to lose the texture mapping (wanted to export a fixed .obj in color) . I want to do a full color sandstone - Any advise on this issue?

Thanks
Orlando

Re: lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #74932 is a reply to message #74930 ] Tue, 17 September 2013 15:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
.stl format does not have colour info. If you can, use a format such as those specified by SW for Color printing: DAE, WRL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV.

This post by mkroeker may help you, also: 74768
Re: lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #74937 is a reply to message #74932 ] Tue, 17 September 2013 15:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DigitalSummitTV  is currently offline DigitalSummitTV
Go to all my models
but Netfabb (I think) can only input .stl to fix - I was following this
https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/how_to_use_meshlab_and_n etfabb

I did try bringing in .obj into Netfabb which worked but still not keeping texture.

I am guessing that if I messing with mesh via netfabb I need to recreate UV and reapply texture in Maya?

Re: lossing .obj texture after fixing issues with Netfabb [message #84504 is a reply to message #74937 ] Fri, 07 February 2014 10:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Polygonica  is currently offline Polygonica
Go to all my models
Polygonica can automatically heal meshes whilst retaining colour.

More info here: http://www.polygonica.com/blog/2014/02/06/machineworks-relea ses-polygonica-v1.1/

www.polygonica.com

Previous Topic:Problem with saving as STL in Solidworks
Next Topic:Is there a general template for Shapeways?