Home » Support » 3D Design » Model with multiple parts - assigning multiple materials.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model with multiple parts - assigning multiple materials. [message #84328] Tue, 04 February 2014 07:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar dshariff  is currently offline dshariff
Go to all my models
Hello,

I have a model which needs to be printed using two or more materials. (For example, two different colors of plastic OR gold and silver for a jewelry). Would it be possible to print these multi-material models in Shapeways ?

If yes, what is the prescribed format to specify the same ?

Thanks,
Shariff
Re: Model with multiple parts - assigning multiple materials. [message #84332 is a reply to message #84328 ] Tue, 04 February 2014 08:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Not possible right now - you need to upload the parts as separate files and assemble them yourself after printing. (There is some glue code for shop pages half-hidden on www.shapeways.com/labs to allow customers to select multiple models at once)

Previous Topic:Engraving with a rounded grove in Blender
Next Topic:how to adjust size of 3D model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.