Home » Support » Suggestions » Reintroduce material picker @ checkout
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Reintroduce material picker @ checkout [message #84068] Wed, 29 January 2014 21:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
I have a multi-material product that consists of two parts, in the description there's a button (variants mod) to purchase the second part. When someone pushes that button the product will be added to the shopping cart in the default material, the button is a nice feature except there's no option to change the material at checkout..

This problem will also occur when someone list several ring sizes with the "variants mod" from /labs, they would have to make buttons for different sizes and materials (for different materials they would need multiple model pages with a different default material right?)

I can't see any reason why someone wouldn't like to see the material picker being reintroduced to the checkout page.

index.php?t=getfile&id=50741&private=0

Karen & Wesley - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: Reintroduce material picker @ checkout [message #84094 is a reply to message #84068 ] Thu, 30 January 2014 04:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
Shapeways removed this capability to change material options from the cart page because they felt it caused too much clutter. I'd say hire a new efficiency expert to re-evaluate this issue.

Previous Topic:Over Packing Issues Resulting in Broken Models
Next Topic:Option to receive markup in shapeways credit rather than payment to paypal