Home » Support » Suggestions » Any chance we might see something like this offered here.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Any chance we might see something like this offered here. [message #83935] Mon, 27 January 2014 21:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mahonri Smith  is currently offline Mahonri Smith
Go to my shop

Is there any chance Shapeways might offer this material in the bear future?

Shapeways: www.shapeways.com/shops/hcase
Re: Any chance we might see something like this offered here. [message #83937 is a reply to message #83935 ] Mon, 27 January 2014 21:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What material?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Any chance we might see something like this offered here. [message #83942 is a reply to message #83935 ] Mon, 27 January 2014 22:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Mahonri Smith wrote on Mon, 27 January 2014 21:35

<a href=" http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/27/stratasys-3d-printer-flex ible-color/" target="_blank"></a>

Is there any chance Shapeways might offer this material in the bear future?

a quote told me the material he is looking for :)

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Any chance we might see something like this offered here. [message #83944 is a reply to message #83942 ] Mon, 27 January 2014 22:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
So hidden messages are possible here ? Cute.
Well, either that new stratasys (logical extension of the FD/FUD printing line?) or the competing 3dsystems projet 4500 (based in part on the FCS technology) would be great - but seeing that both systems have barely been demoed at trade shows I fear we may have to wait a while ?
Re: Any chance we might see something like this offered here. [message #83946 is a reply to message #83944 ] Mon, 27 January 2014 22:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mahonri Smith  is currently offline Mahonri Smith
Go to my shop
http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/27/stratasys-3d-printer-flex ible-color/

Sorry about the issue with the link.

As a paintball tinkerer, this type of 3D printing would be great for grips and stuff of that nature.

Shapeways: www.shapeways.com/shops/hcase
Re: Any chance we might see something like this offered here. [message #83949 is a reply to message #83944 ] Tue, 28 January 2014 00:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
mkroeker wrote on Mon, 27 January 2014 22:31

Well, either that new stratasys (logical extension of the FD/FUD printing line?) or the competing 3dsystems projet 4500 (based in part on the FCS technology) would be great - but seeing that both systems have barely been demoed at trade shows I fear we may have to wait a while ?

FD/FUD is 3dsystems, stratasys is extending Objet tech one step more. They are adding separete feeds, first they did the "digital" materials (2 materials mixed, when they were still Objet) and now basic color (3 materials, CMY).
Re: Any chance we might see something like this offered here. [message #83960 is a reply to message #83949 ] Tue, 28 January 2014 07:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
I knew I got the two mixed up once already, but could not find where someone (Mitchell ?) corrected me. Maybe I can remember this time.
So, not to derail the thread, any chance of (either flavour of) a multicolor plastics betatest in the near future ? :-)

Previous Topic:Material Weight per cm ³ request on spec page!
Next Topic:Over Packing Issues Resulting in Broken Models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.