Home » Support » 3D Applications » Any software to control thickness/circumference of wires for 3D printing?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Any software to control thickness/circumference of wires for 3D printing? [message #83760] Fri, 24 January 2014 00:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar Kiranin  is currently offline Kiranin
Go to my shop
Hello, I have recently been trying to print some 3d sculpts similar to this one I made a couple of months ago using Sculptris(then rendered in C4D): http://tmblr.co/Z913PwwZ3E3r

The biggest issue I'm running into is having an adequate thickness for the various segments of the sculpt so as to be printed. I was wondering if there anyone knew of any specific software that might help to either edit or at least mark areas that don't meet the required thickness.

Thank you.
Re: Any software to control thickness/circumference of wires for 3D printing? [message #83772 is a reply to message #83760 ] Fri, 24 January 2014 07:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Maybe this will help: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=816 74&&srch=wall+thickness+visualization#msg_81674
Re: Any software to control thickness/circumference of wires for 3D printing? [message #83780 is a reply to message #83760 ] Fri, 24 January 2014 12:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Download (free, multi-platform) netfabb studio basic from netfabb.com - it lets you measure thickness, rescale models, check and fix face orientation etc.

Previous Topic:Archicad
Next Topic:Holes in my model?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.