Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » How much smoother can vibratory tumbling get for polished WSF?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How much smoother can vibratory tumbling get for polished WSF? [message #82001] Tue, 24 December 2013 15:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar fly2future  is currently offline fly2future
Go to all my models
im assuming shapeways uses some pretty high end vibratory tumblers for their polished WSF parts. Is it possible to get parts even smoother if left in tumbler longer or upgrading the tumbling machines or media?

does the dyeing take place before or after tumbling?
Re: How much smoother can vibratory tumbling get for polished WSF? [message #83724 is a reply to message #82001 ] Thu, 23 January 2014 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
fly2future wrote on Tue, 24 December 2013 15:10

im assuming shapeways uses some pretty high end vibratory tumblers for their polished WSF parts. Is it possible to get parts even smoother if left in tumbler longer or upgrading the tumbling machines or media?

does the dyeing take place before or after tumbling?

I don't know the answer to your first question.

Dyeing takes place after tumbling ...

[Updated on: Thu, 23 January 2014 19:33 UTC]

Re: How much smoother can vibratory tumbling get for polished WSF? [message #84095 is a reply to message #83724 ] Thu, 30 January 2014 04:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar erckgillis  is currently offline erckgillis
Go to my shop
I do hand polishing using dremel and Sof-Lex™ Spiral Finishing and Polishing Wheels.
Then polish with peek polish or lite rouge compounds.

Ed
ERCK Store

Previous Topic:rhodium plating of polished silver
Next Topic:Cleaning Strong & Flexible 3D Prints

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.