Home » Support » 3D Applications » Problem importing illustrator file to Tinkercad
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Problem importing illustrator file to Tinkercad [message #83632] Wed, 22 January 2014 16:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar karenolio  is currently offline karenolio
Go to all my models
I took Lauren's Introduction to 3D printing: From Concept to Product on Skillshare ( http://www.skillshare.com/classes/design/Introduction-to-3D- Printing-From-Concept-to-Product/2097968974/project-guide), and I've been having some trouble uploading a .svg design into tinkercad.

The class teaches us to sketch the drawing on paper, then take a photo, create work paths in photoshop then export to illustrator then save as a .svg file in order to upload to tinkercad. But, is it possible to just create from scratch in illustrator, save as .svg and upload? I tried this and it kept giving me "Failed to execute script", am I doing something wrong?

Hope you can help with this!
-Karen
Re: Problem importing illustrator file to Tinkercad [message #98870 is a reply to message #83632 ] Thu, 18 September 2014 20:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JoeDiffDez  is currently offline JoeDiffDez
Go to my shop
Did you ever figure this out? I know this is super late but I'm just getting into Tinkercad and 3D printing and I'm getting the same error from Tinkercad when importing an .svg from Illustrator. :(

Previous Topic:2d to 3d image help
Next Topic:"Model is not manifold" according to Shapeways but in Meshlab & Netfabb no issue is re

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.