Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Shop Banner Not Updating
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83544] Tue, 21 January 2014 13:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
Hey Shapeways,

I recently updated my shop banner and profile avatar. I see the updated avatar here on the forums, and I see the updated banner when I click 'My Shop' (the window with the ability to add shop sections). But when I go to 'View Public Shop', my banner has not updated, nor has my avatar. This was about ten hours ago and it still hasn't updated. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Now I don't even see the updated avatar here on the forums. I did earlier, but now it's the old one again.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 January 2014 13:59 UTC]

Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83579 is a reply to message #83544 ] Tue, 21 January 2014 20:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Okay - it's now reverted BACK to the original EVERYWHERE on the site, as if I never uploaded a new one at all. Seriously, this is really aggravating.
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83599 is a reply to message #83579 ] Wed, 22 January 2014 02:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I just tried to change it again. First it worked, then it reverted back to the old banner again. The avatar didn't work in some places (like my profile), but did work here on the forums, for now at least.
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83730 is a reply to message #83599 ] Thu, 23 January 2014 20:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Anyone? My banner and avatar still can't decide which one to use, they're going back and forth every time I check.
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83763 is a reply to message #83730 ] Fri, 24 January 2014 01:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
It sounds like multiple servers are providing the files or the info about which file to use, and they are out of sync. It happens with the forum front page, the headers vanish at will.
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83788 is a reply to message #83544 ] Fri, 24 January 2014 14:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Have you emailed service? It sounds like something isn't stored or linked correctly.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83794 is a reply to message #83763 ] Fri, 24 January 2014 15:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stannum wrote on Fri, 24 January 2014 01:21

It sounds like multiple servers are providing the files or the info about which file to use, and they are out of sync. It happens with the forum front page, the headers vanish at will.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! xD Any fix coming, Shapeways?

Youknowwho4eva wrote on Fri, 24 January 2014 14:05

Have you emailed service? It sounds like something isn't stored or linked correctly.

I didn't - I figured here would be the place to report it. I'll do that!

[Updated on: Fri, 24 January 2014 15:58 UTC]

Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #83795 is a reply to message #83794 ] Fri, 24 January 2014 16:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Of course here is a good place to report bugs. Some times emailing service is the solution.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #84572 is a reply to message #83795 ] Sat, 08 February 2014 15:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
OK, reported that in another thread. But the same with me. Update of shop banner does not work in the same ways as you have described in your first post.

Woody64
By the way, where can I change my personal avatar. Seems that I'm to silly to find that (since it was moved from the personal settings to elsewhere)

[Updated on: Sat, 08 February 2014 15:48 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #84574 is a reply to message #84572 ] Sat, 08 February 2014 16:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
woody64 wrote on Sat, 08 February 2014 15:44

By the way, where can I change my personal avatar. Seems that I'm to silly to find that (since it was moved from the personal settings to elsewhere)

Still in "Settings" on the avatar dropdown - the trick is to realize that the horizontal menu bar changes when you select Settings, and there is a "Profile"
option in that new menubar...
Re: Shop Banner Not Updating [message #84578 is a reply to message #84574 ] Sat, 08 February 2014 17:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
thx ... the hell I'm really blind since I didn't catch that.

But after having changed the personal avatar I get a similar behaviour. Changing seems to work but if I reopen a window the changed avatar isn't visible.

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)

Previous Topic:Shop Image Issues
Next Topic:Maximum number of photo's can be added?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.