Home » Community » It arrived! » The Radio Star: (video) timelapse assembling and finishing a big Shapeways order
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
The Radio Star: (video) timelapse assembling and finishing a big Shapeways order [message #82725] Tue, 07 January 2014 18:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar PuzzleForge  is currently offline PuzzleForge
Go to my shop
Here's a time lapse of the creation of one of my recent Shapeways orders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nolWb1fmk0

I thought some of you might enjoy!
Re: The Radio Star: (video) timelapse assembling and finishing a big Shapeways order [message #82727 is a reply to message #82725 ] Tue, 07 January 2014 18:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Wow awesome video! How long did it take without time lapse?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: The Radio Star: (video) timelapse assembling and finishing a big Shapeways order [message #82729 is a reply to message #82727 ] Tue, 07 January 2014 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PuzzleForge  is currently offline PuzzleForge
Go to my shop
Including the failed version it was 19 months(!)

But the final assembly, just what you see in the video, was about 6 weeks of nights/weekends.

Re: The Radio Star: (video) timelapse assembling and finishing a big Shapeways order [message #82733 is a reply to message #82725 ] Tue, 07 January 2014 20:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar eriban  is currently offline eriban
Go to my shop
Wow, that's an impressive effort. Very interesting to see, and I can well imagine the frustration of having to wait for the updated inner sphere after the first one turned out to be just slightly too large.

So how much do you sell these puzzles for, assembled and all? I'd buy one for ten dollars. ;-)

Follow Eriban@Facebook to stay in touch

Previous Topic:Two Tone Fleur de Lis
Next Topic:Nyan cat, Aircraft crew ladder and house

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.