Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Size selection
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Size selection [message #825] Mon, 11 August 2008 15:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar LeWiZ  is currently offline LeWiZ
Go to my shop
Hello,

Congratulations for your site!

I note that several designers publish the same model in different sizes (and... price ^^). What would you think of a feature that allows the buyer to resize a model when ordering ?

One could imagine that the designer defines the acceptable size bounds, between which the buyer could choose.

LeWiZ.
Re: Size selection [message #842 is a reply to message #825 ] Tue, 12 August 2008 07:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi LeWiZ,

we're preparing such a feature at this moment. I'm not sure what the ETA on that is, so keep your eyes on our blog!

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Size selection [message #2367 is a reply to message #825 ] Tue, 06 January 2009 15:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar soap  is currently offline soap
Go to all my models
I second this suggestion. It would be nice to have a more flexible scaling solution (scale this item with factor x).
Re: Size selection [message #2370 is a reply to message #2367 ] Tue, 06 January 2009 16:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
The problem with this feature, would show itself when the consumer orders an item smaller than it was intended. If an item has details that are optimum at one scale, and it is printed smaller, the details and functionality of the object can easily be lost.

I think, if buyers are given the option to resize products, the seller should have the ability to turn off this option on a per-product basis. This will leave the ability to resize at the discretion of the seller, and avoid product mishaps that would upset the buyer.

-Whystler

[Updated on: Tue, 06 January 2009 16:10 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/

Previous Topic:Color?
Next Topic:Forum addition?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.