Home » Community » 3D modelers for hire » [For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
[For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #68585] Fri, 24 May 2013 01:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar Pseurai  is currently offline Pseurai
Go to all my models
Hey folks!
My name is Chris, I typically deal with dynamic and organic sculptures, I have roughly 6 years experience in 3D modeling and sculpting and am always looking for new challenges to better myself in the field of design.

I've recently finished a large project and am currently looking for work!
I was tasked with redesigning and finishing an incomplete model to work as a figure that could not only print and mould properly, but would allow all 91 pieces to act dynamically and attach to each other with ease.

http://i.imgur.com/pMwDYwy.png

Project Page: http://resinaddict.com/shop/the-fiddler-mech-1-35/

The applications I use are Maya, ZBrush and Netfabb Studio.
I'm capable of working with organic or hard surface models based on and closely following the concepts given.

Example work: http://imgur.com/a/ba00P

I charge $30/hour, however am very flexible and can work something out if required.
Thanks!
Email: Chriswallace(at)live.com
Phone: (360) 441-6731

[Updated on: Fri, 13 June 2014 21:29 UTC]

Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! [message #68740 is a reply to message #68585 ] Mon, 27 May 2013 06:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeffprace  is currently offline jeffprace
Go to all my models
I hired Chris for a project, and it was a great experience. I received the two models within 24 hours of first contacting him, and he is priced very reasonably. Recommended!
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #68921 is a reply to message #68585 ] Thu, 30 May 2013 19:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ZeroHourLabs  is currently offline ZeroHourLabs
Go to all my models
I'll be in contact with you shortly Chris. Local Seattlite as well. I've seen that robot before ;D. Amazing work.
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #68924 is a reply to message #68921 ] Thu, 30 May 2013 20:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
ZeroHourLabs wrote on Thu, 30 May 2013 19:55

I'll be in contact with you shortly Chris. Local Seattlite as well. I've seen that robot before ;D. Amazing work.

Hey thanks!
I'm looking for any full-time and contract work, anything helps. Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:15 UTC]

Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #69262 is a reply to message #68585 ] Wed, 05 June 2013 21:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar oddartlover  is currently offline oddartlover
Go to my shop
Thanks for the professional work, Chris. Great skills and communication!!

Chris 423.316.5571 gohampton@mac.com Tennessee, United States
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #69902 is a reply to message #69262 ] Sat, 15 June 2013 19:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar skeletonx  is currently offline skeletonx
Go to all my models
Chris,

Thanks for the excellent/professional modeling support!

Chris is an excellent communicator and very easy to work with!

JT
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #69940 is a reply to message #68585 ] Mon, 17 June 2013 07:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lengelmatt  is currently offline lengelmatt
Go to all my models
hey, so i'm very new to this and would like to understand the details since I don't get this talk about "print" that I keep seeing every artist mention... I am looking for someone who can sculpt 3d figurines... this is your line of work? I don't need a wholesale amount, however; I do require a lot of miniatures... ive got a fun tabletop game idea that will never be published. for one, I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. and for two, id definitely have to pay some sort of copyright for the images used to create these figurines... I do require a lot of small pieces... probably over 200 standard gaming size, which I believe is around 25mm-28mm... a lot of the pieces will be repeats since I need about 4 of each piece... this game is simply for me and my friends and although price is a small issue it is not that big of a deal as long as its reasonable for the amount of work... also, do you paint? if not I can paint them myself or simply hire someone else for that... how much do you think it would cost for approximately 200 25mm pieces? im sure we will discuss more about this project soon... hope to here from ya soon! thanks, matt
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #69945 is a reply to message #69940 ] Mon, 17 June 2013 10:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hey Matt!

Typically, a single 28mm figure could take about 5-15 hours to sculpt, depending on the type of figure it is and the amount of detailing you'd like.

Creatures can fair quicker due to the less complicated pieces they may have, humanoids are more complex with individual pieces of equipment that would need to be sculpted out and placed separately.

The good thing about sculpting out figures in digital clay is that we can easily copy and paste pieces for modification, so if you need 4 of the same type of creature in different poses, it would be quick to just modify the sculpt in different stance and do a little detail correction pass.

Unfortunately it would be difficult to give you an estimate on the amount of work you'd like without further details on the type of sculpts you'd require and the amount of original pieces you'd like.
You don't need to put duplicate miniatures into the equation, you would specify numbers while printing.

I'm always looking for work involving miniatures and figures.
You can always contact me through my Email Chriswallace(at)live.com or via PM.
Cheers!

[Updated on: Mon, 17 June 2013 10:13 UTC]

Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #74811 is a reply to message #69945 ] Sat, 14 September 2013 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I'm still available, please contact me via Email or Phone if you're looking for sculpt or model work to be done!
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #75149 is a reply to message #74811 ] Fri, 20 September 2013 19:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BelialSC2  is currently offline BelialSC2
Go to my shop
what are your rates?
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #75162 is a reply to message #75149 ] Fri, 20 September 2013 23:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
BelialSC2 wrote on Fri, 20 September 2013 19:06

what are your rates?

It's posted. Smile

Quote:

I charge $20/hour, however am very flexible and can work something out if required.
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #75195 is a reply to message #75162 ] Sat, 21 September 2013 19:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BelialSC2  is currently offline BelialSC2
Go to my shop
on average, how many hours does a single detailed figurine take to sculpt?
Re: [For Hire] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #75197 is a reply to message #75195 ] Sat, 21 September 2013 19:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
BelialSC2 wrote on Sat, 21 September 2013 19:28

on average, how many hours does a single detailed figurine take to sculpt?

It really depends on the size and the complexity of the figurine, could take anywhere from 5-40 hours..

Also, for further questions, please email me at Chriswallace(at)live.com.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 September 2013 19:57 UTC]

Re: [For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #78230 is a reply to message #68585 ] Tue, 05 November 2013 16:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Posting to let you guys know that I'm currently available!
Re: [For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #79510 is a reply to message #78230 ] Thu, 21 November 2013 19:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar benmet  is currently offline benmet
Go to all my models
This guy was a pleasure to deal with. He got things done promptly and to a really high standard. I'll be using him again.

Thanks mate.

• Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 46.59KB, Downloaded 46 time(s))

Re: [For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #82445 is a reply to message #79510 ] Thu, 02 January 2014 21:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hey folks, It's a new year and I'm available for new projects!

PM or Email me at ChrisWallace(at)live.com
Looking forward to working with you!
Re: [For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #85155 is a reply to message #82445 ] Thu, 20 February 2014 18:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I was away for awhile, but now I'm currently available for work again!

Have a creepy doodle for giggles: http://i.imgur.com/g4ntDBu.png

-Chris
Re: [For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #85461 is a reply to message #68585 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 14:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MarionR  is currently offline MarionR
Go to my shop
hi

I build model houses with design furniture in scale 1:12.
I now have a few things which I would like to print.
got the files from designconnected - but they need to be reduced to 1:12 and made fit for shapeways.

can you help me?

regards
marion
Re: [For Hire - Seattle] 3D Design and Sculpt for print! (Miniatures, Toys, Products) [message #85476 is a reply to message #85461 ] Wed, 26 February 2014 17:08 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Sure thing, are these files to be made for color print or flat?

Go ahead and forward any further information about the project to my email at ChrisWallace(at)live.com.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 February 2014 17:09 UTC]

Previous Topic:GAME MODELS
Next Topic:Mechanical Engineer and SolidWorks Designer for Modeling Assistance

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.