Home » Community » It arrived! » Christmas Ornament RBS rev b
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Christmas Ornament RBS rev b [message #8140] Tue, 08 December 2009 04:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar swirlingbrain  is currently offline swirlingbrain
Go to my shop
Yea! My sculptures arrived!

Here's everything:
index.php?t=getfile&id=1959&private=0

OK, it's not really everything. Besides what's pictured here, I actually bought another ornament and another of the smaller rectangle RBSs. But at least you get to see one of everything I ordered. I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Christmas Ornament Rev b
index.php?t=getfile&id=1960&private=0

You can see video of the Ornament in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUlLRtTp050

This ornament works much better than the previous revision. See the video above. The marbles get to the end bucket but they don't make it to the center of the end bucket. That really doesn't bother me because it does make it to the bottom. I'm very pleased with this sculpture and I think this one is done as far as revisions.

Loop Test
index.php?t=getfile&id=1961&private=0

The loop test didn't work like I'd hoped. However, the loop part does work if I tilt the sculpture about 30 more degrees! I'll probably try to redesign this one and see if I can slope the starting part more and get it completely working. This sculpture was sort of squished in shipping but I was mostly of able to bend it back. It's very tiny and very delicate. It really needs to have a base because the stilts are very fragile.

Theatre Masks Earrings
index.php?t=getfile&id=1962&private=0

I made the Theatre Masks earrings for my 16 year old daughter who loves theatre class. She's pretty much a theatre fanatic. I'm very pleased with how these turned out. I hope my daughter likes the earrings.

Ornament RBSs or Big Earring RBSs
index.php?t=getfile&id=1963&private=0

You can see video of the RBSs in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itVT0CxA-I8

Well, neither of these really worked much. However when I put the big marble on the little sculpture, the little sculpture worked some of the time. See the video. I figure I need to make the marbles bigger and slope them just a little more and they may actually be fine. They are super tiny and I really like them. They are perhaps the smallest RBSs out there? A crazy lady could probably wear two of the smaller ones as big earrings. They're so cool! The larger one is very delicate and sort of squished in shipping. The smaller one seems more sturdy.

Here's my shop.

• Attachment: shape01.jpg
    (Size: 72.63KB, Downloaded 687 time(s))

• Attachment: shape03.jpg
    (Size: 83.28KB, Downloaded 726 time(s))

• Attachment: shape05.jpg
    (Size: 55.32KB, Downloaded 682 time(s))

• Attachment: shape04.jpg
    (Size: 44.61KB, Downloaded 716 time(s))

• Attachment: shape09.jpg
    (Size: 63.16KB, Downloaded 681 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 08 December 2009 04:32 UTC]

Re: Christmas Ornament RBS rev b [message #8148 is a reply to message #8140 ] Tue, 08 December 2009 12:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RobbieMac  is currently offline RobbieMac
Go to all my models
Fantastic! Great creativity and sense of fun
*applauds*
Re: Christmas Ornament RBS rev b [message #8150 is a reply to message #8140 ] Tue, 08 December 2009 13:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Seeing you're using WSF you probably need more weight for all your problems. Have you tried printing in a denser material? How about using marbles? Another thing is, with WSF there is a lot of friction. I wonder if they'd work in glaze. Maybe if you polished it down a little.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Christmas Ornament RBS rev b [message #8152 is a reply to message #8150 ] Tue, 08 December 2009 14:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar swirlingbrain  is currently offline swirlingbrain
Go to my shop
Sounds good. I'll have to try your suggestions.
Re: Christmas Ornament RBS rev b [message #8235 is a reply to message #8140 ] Fri, 11 December 2009 10:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tones3-d  is currently offline tones3-d
Go to my shop
Nice!!
Have a look for "Gravitram" on youtube; rolling ball sculptures by Shab Levy, the man who invented them ... he's also an avid 3-D photographer, by the way

Previous Topic:Action figure accessories
Next Topic:H-Cube by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.