Home » Community » General Discussion » Has Sw no scale tool for uploaded models befor order it?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Has Sw no scale tool for uploaded models befor order it? [message #80927] Tue, 10 December 2013 09:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar Abbasi_3D_Services  is currently offline Abbasi_3D_Services
Go to my shop
Hi,

I wondered for this!

Why it is just in Shapeways not possible to correct the dimentions of uploaded files?!?!?!?

I allway upload files from my 3D program without any problems, but maybe i need to print one in 2 sizes?

And now i have the problem, that Sw change the size with 10 scale from 9 cm to 0,9 cm. I have to correct it on shapeways, because ther are no problems in the file.

Best regards, Mohsen Abbasi - www.mabbasi.de
Re: Has Sw no scale tool for uploaded models befor order it? [message #80930 is a reply to message #80927 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 10:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
What kind of file are you uploading? .stl, .x3d or ...?

The problem will be at your end, not Shapeway's, and will almost certainly be as a result of one or several of the following:
- file type;
- units set up/not set up in software;
- mismatch between units set up for software and units for export.

Good luck...
Re: Has Sw no scale tool for uploaded models befor order it? [message #80933 is a reply to message #80930 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 10:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Abbasi_3D_Services  is currently offline Abbasi_3D_Services
Go to my shop
It is stl.

I allways wirk with mm, as all my other models. I uploaded the same file on another site. It works, but want to do it with Shapeways.

When there is the tool to scale as in other sites, it will no problem more!

Best regards, Mohsen Abbasi - www.mabbasi.de
Re: Has Sw no scale tool for uploaded models befor order it? [message #80934 is a reply to message #80933 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 11:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
When you use stl there is no associated units, that's why you must specify the units on upload.

You must change the scale in your software and specify the correct units on upload.
Re: Has Sw no scale tool for uploaded models befor order it? [message #80955 is a reply to message #80927 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 15:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
What software are you using? some software has user units, and separate file units. So it will show you dimensions in mm but actually be storing them in another unit.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Weekend contest #26: What have you learned from us lately?
Next Topic:Geared Snowman

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.