Home » Support » 3D Design » Help! My Design Failed Minimum Thickness Test
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help! My Design Failed Minimum Thickness Test [message #80707] Sat, 07 December 2013 03:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar pauljhickey  is currently offline pauljhickey
Go to all my models
Ok, here's the short version. The guy who created the file is no longer available and my last experience with any form of CAD drawing is in my distant past. Based on Shapeways recommendations, I downloaded Netfabb Basic and figured out how to scale the model, but not manipulate it with any real
skill. Watching YouTube videos provided some insight on how to approach the problem, but I was unable to replicate even the drop down menus and suspect my free version lacks this functionality. Full disclosure, I have no interest in purchasing or even learning the software, I just need to fulfill existing orders for my customers.

I understand the comment below regarding wall thickness and speculate the issue is on the underside with the vertical "fins". Filling those "fins" with a solid section or even deleting them is no problem for my pending customer delivery and am open to suggestions and help.

Shapeways comment: "4 mm minimum wall thickness required. Models with a building box sum (X + Y + Z) of 200 mm to 299 mm require a minimum wall thickness of 4 mm. Models with wall thicknesses of 5 mm to 6 mm (or greater) are encouraged. Thicker walls withstand warping and cracking."

Thanks,

Paul

Paul H
Re: Help! My Design Failed Minimum Thickness Test [message #80919 is a reply to message #80707 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 05:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pauljhickey  is currently offline pauljhickey
Go to all my models
Wave off, I figured it out.

Paul H

Previous Topic:Crossed parts
Next Topic:Best beginner 3D tool?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.