Home » Support » Suggestions » Colors for Strong n Frexible
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Colors for Strong n Frexible [message #80805] Mon, 09 December 2013 01:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar Freakazoitt  is currently offline Freakazoitt
Go to my shop
Why there is only bright colors? I suggest some other colors, like khaki or camo green to represent military models like tanks, trucks, soldiers and other army stuff.
Re: Colors for Strong n Frexible [message #80858 is a reply to message #80805 ] Mon, 09 December 2013 17:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NimlothCQ  is currently offline NimlothCQ
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi there Freakazoitt,

Please take a look at this tutorial: Designing for better colors in Full Color Sandstone: https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/designing-for-better-col ors-in-full-color-sandstone

Hopefully this helps a little :)

Cheers,

Edit: Ooops. That's what I get for skimming the title. My bad :(

[Updated on: Mon, 09 December 2013 18:21 UTC]

Christopher Carter
Senior Audience Experience Manager, Shapeways
Re: Colors for Strong n Frexible [message #80861 is a reply to message #80805 ] Mon, 09 December 2013 18:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Current selection is what they found to give a strong and even color to the nylon material - reproducibly. You will find several threads in the Post Production Techniques forum where people tried various other colors of textile dye with mixed success. For khaki or desert camo, something simple like soaking in tea might work.
Re: Colors for Strong n Frexible [message #80862 is a reply to message #80805 ] Mon, 09 December 2013 18:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar coaster  is currently offline coaster
Go to my shop
Sounds like Freakazoitt is talking about WSF???................And would be kinda cool!

Cheers
Stu
Re: Colors for Strong n Frexible [message #80864 is a reply to message #80862 ] Mon, 09 December 2013 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NimlothCQ  is currently offline NimlothCQ
Go to all my models
I work here
coaster wrote on Mon, 09 December 2013 18:08

Sounds like Freakazoitt is talking about WSF???................And would be kinda cool!

Cheers
Stu

You're right! My bad :(

Sorry about that.

Christopher Carter
Senior Audience Experience Manager, Shapeways
Re: Colors for Strong n Frexible [message #80917 is a reply to message #80864 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 04:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Freakazoitt  is currently offline Freakazoitt
Go to my shop
And how about this: Paints can be mixed, yes? So, yellow+blue will be green. And yellow+blue+black will do something like camo green? But thqy don't have yellow...
Re: Colors for Strong n Frexible [message #80918 is a reply to message #80917 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 04:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Mixing dyes or pigments don't warranty good colors. If you get any artist line of paints, you will notice they tend to stick with single pigment if possible. Multipigment ones can give you undesired effects like one pigment getting stuck in one area more than in another.

Previous Topic:Suggestion for Shapeways shops – Fixing the default sort order
Next Topic:Capability to group different sizes of same product together?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.