Home » Community » It arrived! » Stereo Twin-Rig Base
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8089] Sat, 05 December 2009 05:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar tones3-d  is currently offline tones3-d
Go to my shop
My Canon-SDM Twin-Rig stereo 3-D camera base arrived.

I coloured it black with permanent marker (now I'd pay the extra to get it made in "Black, Strong and Flexible).

index.php?t=getfile&id=1927&private=0

It takes 3 AAAA batteries for the remote triggering; all wiring is internal to the base and no machining was needed. The switch and battery covers are a nice firmly fitting dovetail slide, thanks to the good acuracy of the printing process.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1928&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1929&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1930&private=0

Stereo Data Maker, based on the Canon Hack Development Kit, is loaded onto the cameras' memory cards; this allows remote triggering via the USB connectors, and a myriad of extra functionality to the cameras.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1931&private=0

The resulting stereo 3-D pairs are projected onto a silver screen through polarising filters; we wear similarly oriented polarising glasses for viewing, and the qualiy of 3-D is excellent.

Re: Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8090 is a reply to message #8089 ] Sat, 05 December 2009 08:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar swirlingbrain  is currently offline swirlingbrain
Go to my shop
Sweet!
Re: Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8101 is a reply to message #8090 ] Sat, 05 December 2009 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Wolfdagon  is currently offline Wolfdagon
Go to all my models
Nice. I have a couple of photography related ideas that I may try.
Re: Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8116 is a reply to message #8089 ] Sun, 06 December 2009 21:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar StormRunner  is currently offline StormRunner
Go to all my models
That is very cool.

Previous Topic:Distorted Cube by OSKAR
Next Topic:Crazy Six by OSKAR