Home » Developers » Shapeways API » Programming code examples?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Programming code examples? [message #80250] Sat, 30 November 2013 18:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar NickLilavois  is currently offline NickLilavois
Go to all my models
I'm writing an iPad/Mac app in Objective-C. Are there any examples of using the Shapeways API in C, C++, Objective-C or C#?
Everything seems to be focused towards web application development.
Re: Programming code examples? [message #80873 is a reply to message #80250 ] Mon, 09 December 2013 19:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ProfessorBeekums  is currently offline ProfessorBeekums
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi NickLilavois,

We currently do not have examples in the languages you listed, but all of them should have an OAuth1 library. This let's you make authenticated REST calls to our API.

-Beekey
Re: Programming code examples? [message #85690 is a reply to message #80873 ] Sun, 02 March 2014 18:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar NickLilavois  is currently offline NickLilavois
Go to all my models
I posted that question last year, I put this project aside because I could not get anywhere, and now I am returning to it.
There is no built-in OAuth for Objective-C, just some third-party libraries, most of which have not been updated in years.
Shapeways has an iPhone app, so you guys must have code in objective-c.
I am trying to write the OAuth communication myself, and I can't get past the first step.
Shapeways provides a consumer key and consumer secret.
According to this:

https://developers.shapeways.com/docs?li=dh_docs

I then have to supply the consumer key, nonce, timestamp, and signature to get the request token.
to generate the oauth signature, what I have read:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5849#section-3.4.2

says we need some text, a client shared secret, and a token shared secret.
So, what are the three things they are asking for, compared to the two things you provided?
Do you know how the signature gets calculated?
Or, if all of that is completely irrelevant, what am I supposed to provide as the "oauth_signature" parameter to get the "oauth_token"?
Then in the next part is "oath_verifer". What am I supposed to pass for that?

Also, for nonce, you say "Random number". What does that mean? Does "0" count? You gave a maximum length, but no minimum. Other definitions have indicated it is an alphanumeric string, not just digits.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 March 2014 18:20 UTC]

Previous Topic:Materials parameter properties markup
Next Topic:Posting model data in C#?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.