Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Big Problems with Mozart...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Big Problems with Mozart... [message #8048] Thu, 03 December 2009 12:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar SDabbs  is currently offline SDabbs
Go to my shop
Hello good people of shapeways Very Happy .

I have just finished a sculpture of Mozart, but I messed around while trying to decimate the torso (see attached), now it only has a partial back side, I can't seem to do anything with it, I need the top to be solid and fit onto the head as a key (see file in next message 'headfix') and be ready for printing (I have pre-sculpted details (buttons, scarf, embroidery, that will be added also) but first I need the piece to be solid. before I can do anything.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Big Problems with Mozart... [message #8049 is a reply to message #8048 ] Thu, 03 December 2009 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
here is the head, which has a hole in it's base which needs to fit onto the torso 'key'

• Attachment: headfix.rar
    (Size: 5.07MB, Downloaded 95 time(s))

Re: Big Problems with Mozart... [message #8085 is a reply to message #8049 ] Fri, 04 December 2009 22:31 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
ok, I created a new topology for the torso, it's cleaner and better but now it doesn't want to decimate!! I tried to decimate within zbrush and meshlab - in zbrush it sort of turns inside out, and in meshlab it goes all 'spiky' everywhere.

- Does anybody have any clue why it is doing that?

Many thanks

Sean

Previous Topic:Manic manifold assistance
Next Topic:Manifold error, tubular object

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.