Home » Support » 3D Design » Big Problems with Mozart...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Big Problems with Mozart... [message #8048] Thu, 03 December 2009 12:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar SDabbs  is currently offline SDabbs
Go to my shop
Hello good people of shapeways Very Happy .

I have just finished a sculpture of Mozart, but I messed around while trying to decimate the torso (see attached), now it only has a partial back side, I can't seem to do anything with it, I need the top to be solid and fit onto the head as a key (see file in next message 'headfix') and be ready for printing (I have pre-sculpted details (buttons, scarf, embroidery, that will be added also) but first I need the piece to be solid. before I can do anything.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Big Problems with Mozart... [message #8049 is a reply to message #8048 ] Thu, 03 December 2009 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
here is the head, which has a hole in it's base which needs to fit onto the torso 'key'

• Attachment: headfix.rar
    (Size: 5.07MB, Downloaded 95 time(s))

Re: Big Problems with Mozart... [message #8085 is a reply to message #8049 ] Fri, 04 December 2009 22:31 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
ok, I created a new topology for the torso, it's cleaner and better but now it doesn't want to decimate!! I tried to decimate within zbrush and meshlab - in zbrush it sort of turns inside out, and in meshlab it goes all 'spiky' everywhere.

- Does anybody have any clue why it is doing that?

Many thanks

Sean

Previous Topic:Manic manifold assistance
Next Topic:Manifold error, tubular object