Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80118] Thu, 28 November 2013 18:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar CarpeDiem  is currently offline CarpeDiem
Go to all my models
Hi, we are looking for a 3d modeler who knows how to convert efficiently 3d characters created with Maya. This first conversion mandate could lead to many others. Our studio is established in Montreal, Canada.
Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80123 is a reply to message #80118 ] Thu, 28 November 2013 20:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar OrsonY  is currently offline OrsonY
Go to my shop
What format do you want to convert ?

3D-Union - ORSON

View Weng Fai Yeap's profile on LinkedIn
Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80125 is a reply to message #80123 ] Thu, 28 November 2013 20:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
It is a .mb file.
Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80126 is a reply to message #80125 ] Thu, 28 November 2013 20:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Maybe you need to wait more. Sorry i cant access that file format

3D-Union - ORSON

Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80129 is a reply to message #80126 ] Thu, 28 November 2013 20:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi, you cannot access the file because I did not send it yet. I need to know first if you can work from a Maya file ?
Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80131 is a reply to message #80129 ] Thu, 28 November 2013 20:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That the problem ... lol cause i mean dont have maya to access the file ...

3D-Union - ORSON

Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80145 is a reply to message #80118 ] Fri, 29 November 2013 03:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ming  is currently offline Ming
Go to all my models
hi,
i'm a 3d modeler for over 15 years and have done T O N S of modeling .
i've also done numerous jobs for shapeways members .
i can do the conversion.

you may view my works at my website :

http://www.its-ming.com/servicegallery.html

if interested, please email me at :
ming@its-ming.com

thanks
ming
Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80146 is a reply to message #80118 ] Fri, 29 November 2013 03:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar saurusdesign  is currently offline saurusdesign
Go to my shop
CarpeDiem wrote on Thu, 28 November 2013 18:33

Hi, we are looking for a 3d modeler who knows how to convert efficiently 3d characters created with Maya. This first conversion mandate could lead to many others. Our studio is established in Montreal, Canada.

Hi CarpeDiem,
Any reason why you can't export in any other format other than *.mb?
https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/exporting-from-maya-with -collada-3dprinting

Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80180 is a reply to message #80146 ] Fri, 29 November 2013 15:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

I read the text regarding Collada. It looks good but I don't want my employee to start learning Collada in order to get an efficient model. In what format should we export the model : .stl, .dae, .x3d and .x3db ?
Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80187 is a reply to message #80180 ] Fri, 29 November 2013 16:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
.stl or obj

3D-Union - ORSON

Re: Looking for a 3D printing modeler for converting Maya character [message #80207 is a reply to message #80187 ] Fri, 29 November 2013 18:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar designanything3d  is currently offline designanything3d
Go to my shop
I would recommend obj, you many need to enable the export in window-settings/preferences-plug in manager, then obj export. This would be best for keeping quads etc for optimizing. Please contact us at contact@designanything3d.com for conversion help.

Josh
designanything3d.com

Previous Topic:(RESOLVED PLEASE DELETE) Model created - can someone check it for me? (.dae file)
Next Topic:Designer Needed - small project

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.