Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Request: make currency choosable freely
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon3.gif  Request: make currency choosable freely [message #79862] Tue, 26 November 2013 13:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar donquijote  is currently offline donquijote
Go to my shop

Want to change the currency in your own shop (€ to $)?[ 4 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 4 / 100%

Hi

Intro: I'm living in Switzerland (we don't use nor like EURO very much - and the DOLLAR is very near to our currency).

So base on that I always have to logout and change the country to USA in order to check the price I care about.
There is no way to adjust or check the $-price in the GUI for me. I would have to do some math with the €-price to get a $-price which than may be (after some trail-and-error) in a way it could be used as item price.
The other way would be to do an EXPORT/IMPORT (which needs manual replacing/cleanup of the file - but I will report that separately).

So I would really appreciate a way i could just choose the currency I care about independent from where I live.
What about a Selectbox in "My Shop" and/or where i can set the item price per material?

Thank you in advance for your feedback
best regards

P.S. this should be a request, I don't know why this creates a "Bug Report" (maybe the link is wrong?)

EDIT: referring to the linked forum entries this is a very old request (thx for that). Because of that i added a poll trying to find out the actual demand...

[Updated on: Tue, 26 November 2013 22:08 UTC]

Re: Request: make currency choosable freely [message #79914 is a reply to message #79862 ] Tue, 26 November 2013 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Long standing issue, over a year and counting.
Re: Request: make currency choosable freely [message #94743 is a reply to message #79862 ] Fri, 25 July 2014 16:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Please direct further comments to this post

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Uploads not completing
Next Topic:Currency choice problem: A solution is needed

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.