Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Can't hange my name
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can't hange my name [message #79395] Wed, 20 November 2013 11:28 UTC Go to next message
avatar Peolini_Design  is currently offline Peolini_Design
Go to my shop
Hi all, there's two issues I have.

Well Issues is a big word.

1. Whenever I get a notification from you guys it starts with "Hi Dave" but my name is Dennis.
But I can't seem to find where to cahnge this.

2. Whenever I upload a model and place it in my shop I can not switch off the "allow downloads" options.
Acually leaving my models for everyone to grab.

Thanx for any help in this.
Re: Can't hange my name [message #79396 is a reply to message #79395 ] Wed, 20 November 2013 11:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns is currently online AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Problem 1, not sure. But try clicking on your profile image (you probably have a generic smiley face) then click on any of the drop down items except the first. You will then get some new tabs across your screen - if you explore these you may find something relevant.

Problem 2, when you are signed in you will always be able to download your own models. Try another browser or sign out to see your pages as others would.
Re: Can't hange my name [message #79399 is a reply to message #79395 ] Wed, 20 November 2013 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Peolini_Design wrote on Wed, 20 November 2013 11:28

1. Whenever I get a notification from you guys it starts with "Hi Dave" but my name is Dennis.
But I can't seem to find where to cahnge this.

Probably taken from the "billing address" entry. Choose "Settings" in the avatar menu at the top right, then "address" in the blue menu bar to switch from displaying your email address to shipping/billing addresses.

Maybe you only entered your initial when you signed up, and someone/something decided that "D" might be "Dave". (Though I would only be worried if the rejection/cancellation messages for unprintable models suddenly read "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that")

Re: Can't hange my name [message #79400 is a reply to message #79395 ] Wed, 20 November 2013 13:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey Dennis,

the name 'Dave' is in the first shipping address you used - I'm guessing we pull that one for our communications. I'll tell our team about that.

Did mkroeker answer your 2nd question?

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Can't hange my name [message #79401 is a reply to message #79400 ] Wed, 20 November 2013 13:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Well, that turned out to be easier than I thought. I learned we have a nifty little 'edit' button in our backend system that allows us to update your name.

Props to Mitchell for getting to it before I did! Smile

Re: Can't hange my name [message #79414 is a reply to message #79401 ] Wed, 20 November 2013 16:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well that seems to sort everything out then!!
That is great and incredibly fast.

Thank you for all your knowledge and help.

Cheers,

Dennis
Re: Can't hange my name [message #79466 is a reply to message #79414 ] Thu, 21 November 2013 08:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Very Happy

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Can't hange my name [message #79479 is a reply to message #79466 ] Thu, 21 November 2013 12:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Just got a notification starting with

Hi Dennis.

You guys ROCK!!!
Re: Can't hange my name [message #79481 is a reply to message #79479 ] Thu, 21 November 2013 13:30 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Haha, cool Smile

Previous Topic:Your Replacement Order
Next Topic:Public Profile description

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.