Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » It arrived! » My recumbent bike arrived
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My recumbent bike arrived [message #7943] Sat, 28 November 2009 15:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar BAROBA  is currently offline BAROBA
Go to my shop
Hi all,

Shapeways did a good job on printing this one out Smile
There are really thin parts on this bike, they look fragile but they they are quite strong. I designed some parts to be rotatable, but unfortunately they fused together. The tolerances need to be bigger then 0.2mm. Something new I learned Smile

Here are the pictures, the small spikes sticking out are part of the print. They form a connection between the stand and the bike. It can easily be cut and removed.

Cheers,

Rob

index.php?t=getfile&id=1864&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=1865&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2009 15:56 UTC]

Re: My recumbent bike arrived [message #7947 is a reply to message #7943 ] Sat, 28 November 2009 20:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
Now that is COOL - this was printed in one piece? how big is the finished model?
Re: My recumbent bike arrived [message #7958 is a reply to message #7947 ] Sun, 29 November 2009 16:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar spudmonkey  is currently offline spudmonkey
Go to my shop
That came out really nicely! I'm also interested in how big it is as the cables must have been fun Wink
Re: My recumbent bike arrived [message #8005 is a reply to message #7947 ] Tue, 01 December 2009 12:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar BAROBA  is currently offline BAROBA
Go to my shop
Hi guys,

This was printed in one piece, and then cut.
The finished model is 20 cm or 7.8" long.

Thanks for the kind words Smile

Previous Topic:Floppy 2x3x3 by OSKAR
Next Topic:Shapeways' 3D prints, part of an exhibition in Athens