Home » Support » Buying » Gift Voucher?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gift Voucher? [message #7936] Sat, 28 November 2009 01:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar baralong  is currently offline baralong
Go to all my models
Hi, A friend of mine is starting out doing some 3D modeling. I thought it'd be a novel idea to get him a shapeways voucher so he could get physical versions.

Can I do this? How?

Thanks
Re: Gift Voucher? [message #8548 is a reply to message #7936 ] Thu, 24 December 2009 21:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Baralong,

Sorry for the late answer. Christmas has been good to us, but also a bit busy.

To answer your question: we do not sell gift coupons. Sorry about that.

Best regards,

Robert
Re: Gift Voucher? [message #8554 is a reply to message #8548 ] Thu, 24 December 2009 23:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
You should! At present, SW is equipped to offer voucher codes to credit people in case serious problems arise with an order. Offering these voucher codes for sale should be among the simpler and more profitable things SW could do!

My girlfriend has been trying to buy me the gift of printing, but after several confusing exchanges with Joris about it, she gave up. That's money desperately trying to enter SW's pockets...

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: Gift Voucher? [message #47038 is a reply to message #8548 ] Sun, 15 April 2012 21:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar justinhowlett  is currently offline justinhowlett
Go to my shop
I too would like to buy vouchers off SW to offer to others.

I would also like to know what SW feels about setting up a voucher platform were consumers can receive a voucher and purchase an item off my shop with a discount that comes off my mark up fee?

For example say the voucher has a value of £80 and my item has a mark up of £90 i then recieve a £10 mark up fee once they use the voucher.

Any one got any ideas or solutions for the kind of thing i am looking for?
Re: Gift Voucher? [message #47336 is a reply to message #47038 ] Sun, 22 April 2012 11:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hi Justin,

I did not really understand what you mean with the Voucher Platform, but vouchers do exist on Shapeways now. The only thing, is that there is no way to find them (I had to use Google, the internal search engine does not return anything Sad )
Anyways, here you are:
- $25: http://www.shapeways.com/model/185056/
- $50: http://www.shapeways.com/model/185054/
- $100: http://www.shapeways.com/model/185055/

Enjoy!

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Gift Voucher? [message #47337 is a reply to message #47336 ] Sun, 22 April 2012 11:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
And I understood your second part Smile
The only way to do it is to upload your model a second time on Shapeways, to uncheck "display to the public", check "offer for sale to others" (that is: set your model as private and for sale).
For this model you can set a markup of $10 and send the private link to the customer you want to offer a £80 discount to.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 April 2012 11:22 UTC]

Re: Gift Voucher? [message #47338 is a reply to message #47337 ] Sun, 22 April 2012 11:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Magic i think i have been over thinking it. Keeping it simple and having a second model is probably the best thing to do.
so i wonder if i can authorize who can use that link as i would want voucher holders only to use the it?

thanks
Re: Gift Voucher? [message #47525 is a reply to message #47338 ] Thu, 26 April 2012 11:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, there is no real control on who uses the link.
But it is impossible for someone to find it unless it was given by you or someone to whom you gave it before.
For instance, if you send the private link to someone, you cannot prevent him from buying more than one model. But as soon as you see the order on your order list, you can turn the model as being no more "offer for sale to others".
Cheers.

Re: Gift Voucher? [message #47550 is a reply to message #47525 ] Thu, 26 April 2012 19:06 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Well i am basically thinking of a feasible way of using groupon or a similar promotional website with my shapeways shop if that is even possible but its looking a little unrealistic at the moment.

cheers.

Previous Topic:Pricing question; less volume is more expensive..?
Next Topic:Suggestion for vouchers