Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3d Modeler needed to bring a boeing 747-200 airplane to life.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3d Modeler needed to bring a boeing 747-200 airplane to life. [message #78893] Wed, 13 November 2013 18:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar bmwu  is currently offline bmwu
Go to all my models
Hi I have a model that requires some minor editing to have it become 3d printable. It is a model that is currently designed for rendering and is very detailed of the boeing 747-200. I want to make an rc plane out of it so would appreciate it if someone can help. I would like to know if someone can help with modifications creating the model into sections to it can be printed. Here is the link to the model seeking for help to have it edited to be printed on 3d printer.

link:

http://www.hdri-shop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&a mp;products_id=127

Thank you for your help.

I am trying to make this into a 8 foot model
Re: 3d Modeler needed to bring a boeing 747-200 airplane to life. [message #78917 is a reply to message #78893 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 00:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
An 8ft RC plane 3D printed is going to be HUGELY expensive. This is, "I could buy a car for that!" territory. If it's also going to actually fly, not just be a tabletop operating demonstrator, there's going to have to be a lot of engineering figured out for assembly, configuration of controls, weights and balances, durability, etc. Are you sure about this?

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: 3d Modeler needed to bring a boeing 747-200 airplane to life. [message #78989 is a reply to message #78893 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 17:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Now this is a project I would be totally up for.

To get the model itself ready for 3D printing would need some major restructuring, but the restructuring could also incorporate all the necessary mounts for all of the various movings parts (aelerons, flaps, undercarriage etc) as well as incorporating some kind of crash protection structures (detachable wings, tailplane undercarriage).

As already mentioned the cost for the printed parts would be wuite high, but from the size of aircraft you mention, I'm pretty sure you know the expense involved.

I'll shoot you a PM.

Cheers,
Paul

Re: 3d Modeler needed to bring a boeing 747-200 airplane to life. [message #79039 is a reply to message #78917 ] Fri, 15 November 2013 00:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bmwu  is currently offline bmwu
Go to all my models
I have always been fascinated by what i have seen in the youtube videos of largely scaled models that flies like the real thing. If I am not able to make it fly, at least I want to make it simulate like the real thing using moving mechanical parts like the winglets, wheels retracting, lights comes on, and etc... I am not sure why but ever since the first day I have flown in a plane that huge, I have always wanted a large scale model of it. I'm sure I can cut cost down here and there.
Re: 3d Modeler needed to bring a boeing 747-200 airplane to life. [message #79111 is a reply to message #79039 ] Fri, 15 November 2013 19:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
At, or near, minimum material thickness with strategically placed reinforcing ribs will be surprisingly strong. One of the joys of 3D printing is that you can have an open-sided honeycomb for these types of things.

(Honestly, if you ever looed at a real wing of that size you'd be astonished at how little material is used to hold hundrends of tons of aircraft, people, and cargo in thin air.

Regardless of my previous post, it IS doable. Pricey, but doable.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: 3d Modeler needed to bring a boeing 747-200 airplane to life. [message #79150 is a reply to message #78893 ] Sat, 16 November 2013 18:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Sharpen3D  is currently offline Sharpen3D
Go to my shop
The best way to turn your idea in to 3D prototype. Contact us for free consultation.

May name is James Liang. I would be happy to help you with your need on this plane project.
I my self is very fascinated by it.

Welcome to Sharpen 3D Solution, we provide custom products and services using latest 3D modeling and printing technology. Our mission is to deliver high quality specialty solution that answers customer's exact need at an affordable price.

Our Service Specialities:
2D to 3D modeling for 3D printing
Design preparation for 3D printing
3D Printing

With a team of graphic designers, artists, and technicians on our team, we have a wide range of design experience to help you with your design needs. From figurines to spaceships, from airplane to cars, we can handle anything you can think of. All our designs are optimized for 3D printing.

The type of products we are awesome at designing:
Figurines, model cars/air plane,
Dental modeling and surgical guides
Medical instruments

We can help make your idea become a physical product.
Please check out our website: www.sharpen3d.com.
Contact James Liang at james.liang@sharpen3d.com for free consultation.

Previous Topic:Modeler familiar with flexible plastic needed
Next Topic:Final step

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.