Home » Support » Suggestions » 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #78940] Thu, 14 November 2013 08:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar swinks  is currently offline swinks
Go to my shop
I am new to 3D printing and modelling with Solidworks - more mechanical items but not right up there in computer language which leads into Suggestion 1.

Suggestions 1
where you enter the description of your item in your shop, you may enter it with paragraphs etc for clarity but as soon as you save your item description is bunched together and it looks like crap and it will only scare sales away. I contacted the shapeways help line and was told to go and download another program to write my text and code it and then copy it - but it didn't work so gave up after a number of tries. Why can't you have the same setup as ebay and all the other sites, even here in the forum - paragraphs are recognised. It should be user friendly and easy for anyone in the one box.

Suggestion 2
again I think it could be beneficial for shapeways and the designers to show the total of purchases next to the model info in the shop like at Thingyverse as the more prints and purchases of a item - gives confidence to others and raises sales for the designer as well as shapeways.

these are just my initial observations from a fresh set of beginner eyes, but interested if both can be introduced and what others thought as well and what employees of Shapeways thought

Cheers
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #78948 is a reply to message #78940 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 08:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
It uses RTF (Rich Text Format), but they don't have a built in RTF editor installed in the product editing interface, so you need to use an external editor. They'll eventually get one installed, but for the present I like to use this one.

Yeah, that's one of the handful of things we shapers beat up on Shapeways about, marketing research data. They currently offer this, but in order for that to be useful one would need to set up a robot scraper and collect the data for a few months. Provided the server didn't automatically ban ones IP for data mining operations. Very Happy

It always was. It always was because somethingness cannot spawn from nothingness. And in the was of the past there is the forever of the now. Only now. Only now and nothing new, for anything new would add to the infinite, yet there can only be one infinite. Only one. The universe is only becoming something new in the delusion of our minds. This delusion that makes life worth living in our perceived universe becoming.
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #78949 is a reply to message #78948 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 08:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
I personally use www.html.am

Simply write your text, click on "source" and copy the test to your description Smile

As for the other suggestion, are you referring to your own models or other shops?
We cannot share the number of sales of other people due to privacy reasons.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #78950 is a reply to message #78949 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 08:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Just use <p></p> or <br>.

It's a pain, but not so hard...
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #78951 is a reply to message #78949 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 08:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
MitchellJetten wrote on Thu, 14 November 2013 08:47

I personally use www.html.am

Simply write your text, click on "source" and copy the test to your description Smile

As for the other suggestion, are you referring to your own models or other shops?
We cannot share the number of sales of other people due to privacy reasons.

more the customer to see that the shop has proven a design with the item having been made, ensiles some confidence,

if that is too exposing maybe a counter for just the shop saying they have sold say 15 items throughout the shop.
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #78952 is a reply to message #78950 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 09:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
AmLachDesigns wrote on Thu, 14 November 2013 08:50

Just use <p></p> or <br>.

It's a pain, but not so hard...

cool I will try that
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #79066 is a reply to message #78952 ] Fri, 15 November 2013 13:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey dutchorange,

thanks for these! A better editor is already on the internal community wishlist, we'll keep promoting that idea.

Like others said, we don't want to disclose sales information, but are always exploring ways to give a better indication of 'reputation' for each designer. I'm sorry I can't be more specific at this time.

PS: I'm moving this message to our 'Suggestions' forum.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 November 2013 13:35 UTC]

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #79571 is a reply to message #79066 ] Fri, 22 November 2013 12:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
bartv wrote on Fri, 15 November 2013 13:09

Hey dutchorange,

Like others said, we don't want to disclose sales information, but are always exploring ways to give a better indication of 'reputation' for each designer. I'm sorry I can't be more specific at this time.

Does the https://www.shapeways.com/feed not show every purchase ? If you where to write a script to scan it long enough, then you could work out what had been sold.

Twisted Evil

Tom
Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #79576 is a reply to message #79571 ] Fri, 22 November 2013 13:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hmmm yeah I guess you could do that. I'm not sure the feed will goes back through our entire history though Smile

Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #79944 is a reply to message #79066 ] Tue, 26 November 2013 22:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar donquijote  is currently offline donquijote
Go to my shop
It's a bit tricky to go sure the enduser (we) don't crashes his whole product side because of some html stuff he didn't want to do (which can happen with web-html-editors (WYSIWYG) Wink
So at the moment you can do some stuff in the description but not anything...
But personally, i think tables would be useful in order to display several similar items or sets. Wink

@bartv/shapeways: Let me recommend you tinyMCE as possible editor.
You can customize it in the look AND feel (adding your own button, styles, some fancy javascript etc.).

[Updated on: Tue, 26 November 2013 22:52 UTC]

Re: 2 x Shapeway Suggestions - hoping a SW employee can chime in [message #80087 is a reply to message #79944 ] Thu, 28 November 2013 10:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks! I'll forward the suggestions.

Previous Topic:Import/Export
Next Topic:Manage Inventory suggestion(s)

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.