Home » Support » 3D Applications » Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It. [message #78087] Sun, 03 November 2013 21:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar creativekdesigns  is currently offline creativekdesigns
Go to all my models
I sculpt and have a 3-D polymer clay sculpture of a horse that I'd like to have replicated with Shapeways 3-D printing... but I'm just not understanding how to get it done.

Here's a picture of the piece I'd like to have done. What in the world do I have to do to submit it for printing? I'm just not understanding any of this!
(My sculptures are all copyrighted and all rights are reserved)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

K-

index.php?t=getfile&id=44313&private=0

• Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 824.25KB, Downloaded 125 time(s))

Re: Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It. [message #78089 is a reply to message #78087 ] Sun, 03 November 2013 22:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
You will need to get it 3D scanned.

The other option is get the copies via flexible moulds, old but tried method.
Re: Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It. [message #78356 is a reply to message #78089 ] Wed, 06 November 2013 20:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar andrewsimonthomas  is currently offline andrewsimonthomas
Go to all my models
I work here
Autodesk has a free 3D scanning program that may help http://www.123dapp.com/catch

It doesn't always get perfect geometry, and you will still need to check it to make sure it meets the Design Guidelines in the material you want printed.

Re: Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It. [message #78393 is a reply to message #78356 ] Thu, 07 November 2013 12:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hey creativekdesigns,

which country are you in? I may be able to find a professional 3D scanning service for you.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It. [message #78646 is a reply to message #78393 ] Sun, 10 November 2013 16:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar creativekdesigns  is currently offline creativekdesigns
Go to all my models
Thanks for the info.

Bart... I'm in the US, east coast in GA, near Atlanta.

I have a lot of sculptures that I'd like to try 3-D printing with instead of having to sculpt each one individually. I don't really want to go through the mold thing.
Re: Help Please. I'm Just Not Getting It. [message #78724 is a reply to message #78646 ] Mon, 11 November 2013 15:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
I asked around but I'm afraid we don't have any contacts in your area, sorry!

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:3D color topo maps in paper
Next Topic:Models not showing properly only on the preview?