Home » Support » Bug Reporting » New Site Look
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New Site Look [message #7816] Thu, 19 November 2009 15:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
The new site looks great, found a typo already though Razz
http://www.shapeways.com/themes/christmas
go down and it says favourite instead of favorite.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 November 2009 15:37 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: New Site Look [message #7817 is a reply to message #7816 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 15:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ArnoudV  is currently offline ArnoudV
Go to all my models
Thanks for being sharp Very Happy
Re: New Site Look [message #7818 is a reply to message #7817 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 16:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar __DF__  is currently offline __DF__
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
The new site design looks g r e a t ! ! !

http://shpws.me/DWg
Re: New Site Look [message #7819 is a reply to message #7817 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 16:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Haha...the Brits will get quite miffed if you say "favourite" is a typo. Next you'll be correcting "colour" and "theatre" and "customise". Shapeways should certainly be consistent about using the British vs. American preferred spelling.

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: New Site Look [message #7820 is a reply to message #7816 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 16:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Americans will scratch there head and have to go to dictionary.com to look up miffed lol. You know how us Americans are, There's the right way to do things and then there is the rest of the worlds way of doing things. Razz. Either way doesn't matter to me but like dadrummond said, consistency. It only stuck out because one of the other pages said favorites. Jolly Good, Righteo Surprised .

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: New Site Look [message #7821 is a reply to message #7820 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 16:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Before a big forum fight starts Wink : We attend to use American english on the website, but sometimes it's difficult if it's not your native language.

To stay ontopic: Please give your feedback about the new homepage,
i'm interested in what everybody thinks of it

By the way: I'm the new designer, see my introduction here
Re: New Site Look [message #7823 is a reply to message #7816 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 16:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ok, well I like what you did in all of the "some of our favorites" sections. I like the look of the items with the price tag and all. Really makes the ones on the home page look bland though. The top of the page is gorgeous, the bottom is like "what's this crap". Not saying that any of the stuff on the bottom is crap, just not as spiced up as the top.

Re: New Site Look [message #7824 is a reply to message #7816 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 16:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
The site is too "wide". I am on a MacBook Pro 17" and it is even "wide" for my resolution. Check the bottom safari scrollbar to see what I mean:
http://localhostr.com/files/ac701c/shapeways1.png

Re: New Site Look [message #7829 is a reply to message #7824 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 17:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
The width of the site hasn't been adjusted during the update. But I presume this was already the case before the update?
Re: New Site Look [message #7830 is a reply to message #7823 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 17:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
You're right about the inconsistency regarding (for example) gallery items. We're slightly trying to redesign the website and this is also something we're working on
Re: New Site Look [message #7831 is a reply to message #7816 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 17:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
It wasn't that wide in the beginning. It became very wide after a previous update (about a month ago I think...).
But no, certainly not, it is not the last update that made this.

Re: New Site Look [message #7832 is a reply to message #7831 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 17:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Didn't know that, so thanks for bringing this up. I'm going to find this bug

[Updated on: Thu, 19 November 2009 17:15 UTC]

Re: New Site Look [message #7835 is a reply to message #7832 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 17:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Love the look, and love the choice of themes, and selected items when one visits a theme page. It's starting to look more appealing to consumers, which (in my view) is great for shop owners. Much more professional look.

I agree with others that the look really needs to extend throughout the site.

A major improvement on the homepage is increased use of professional-quality photography for items. Better pictures make the items more appealing. On that note, I'd like to see an upgrade in the default rendering of items; an ability for any designer (not just those with shops) to set their item's main thumbnail so that we can further reduce the prevalence of default renderings; and a definitive marking of "render" vs. "photograph" on all uploaded images. This last item will allow Shapeways to always display real photographs whenever they exist.

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: New Site Look [message #7838 is a reply to message #7816 ] Thu, 19 November 2009 20:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar chris89  is currently offline chris89
Go to my shop
i like it Smile very tight.
Takes a bit of getting used to for the people who know the previous version, but i'd say its an improvement.
icon14.gif  Re: New Site Look [message #7841 is a reply to message #7816 ] Fri, 20 November 2009 00:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
I think this is new: Gallery -> Theme overview. Before I sometimes couldn't figure out how to navigate to a particular theme page.

I like the new look!
Re: New Site Look [message #7848 is a reply to message #7841 ] Fri, 20 November 2009 08:44 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
You're right, that's also new. Before this menu item the only way to visit theme pages was by banners.

Previous Topic:Site Translation
Next Topic:Photo printing in 3D

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.