Home » Support » Bug Reporting » cannot upload with 2d to 3d jpeg
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
cannot upload with 2d to 3d jpeg [message #76678] Mon, 14 October 2013 02:23 UTC Go to next message
avatar thri77ofsp33d  is currently offline thri77ofsp33d
Go to all my models
Confused
I've tried a number of different jpg designs and have switched browsers also from Chrome to Firefox to IE.

not getting any error message or accepted message from you guys.

Is the tool set fubar'ed???
Re: cannot upload with 2d to 3d jpeg [message #76755 is a reply to message #76678 ] Tue, 15 October 2013 09:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar karendel  is currently offline karendel
Go to all my models
2d to 3d hasn't been working in days. There have been upload problems in general, here's one thread
https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?etId=11716783& utm_source=automated-contact&utm_medium=email&utm_ca mpaign=forum-thread-reply&t=rview&goto=76737#msg_767 37
Just tried the 2d app again and it's still not fixed.

KarenDel
Re: cannot upload with 2d to 3d jpeg [message #76787 is a reply to message #76755 ] Tue, 15 October 2013 15:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NimlothCQ  is currently offline NimlothCQ
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys,

We have temporarily taken the 2D to 3D creator offline while we upgrade some of the architecture that it is running on. We don't have an exact timeline available, but don't expect the creator to be unavailable for too long.

We apologize for the inconvenience and invite you to follow our twitter for more updates.

Christopher Carter
Senior Audience Experience Manager, Shapeways
Re: cannot upload with 2d to 3d jpeg [message #77526 is a reply to message #76787 ] Thu, 24 October 2013 21:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NimlothCQ  is currently offline NimlothCQ
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi again all,

We have released an updated and improved version of our 2d to 3d creator here: https://www.shapeways.com/creator/2dto3d

Let us know what you think!

Christopher Carter
Senior Audience Experience Manager, Shapeways
Re: cannot upload with 2d to 3d jpeg [message #77596 is a reply to message #77526 ] Sat, 26 October 2013 11:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar karendel  is currently offline karendel
Go to all my models
Happy 2d to 3d is back!
I'm playing with the new version to see how it functions, what size is best for uploaded images (I create blank templates for apps like this and ring popper so I can start doodling quickly). I'm curious to see how accurate the print check function is since I tend to be gullible when I see all the green checks and actually believe printing is possible. I just tested it with an old image that was rejected in wsf and the green check marks were returned for all plastics, acrylics & precious metals, so I'm thinkin' the built in print check may not be reliable. I take each print cancellation very personally so I'm really hesitant to place an order that will kick back with one rejection after another.

(my *FUTs usually run as follows 1- Shapeways must think I'm an idiot, 2- they groan whenever I place an order 3- I AM an IDIOT or even 4- they're gonna bar me from using their site! but that's just me)

*FUT = Frequently Unspoken Thoughts (like FAQs but not as widely utilized)
All kidding aside, thanks for bringing 2d to 3d back.

KarenDel
Re: cannot upload with 2d to 3d jpeg [message #77756 is a reply to message #77596 ] Tue, 29 October 2013 11:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hey karendel,

we never think of anyone as idiots Wink It's interesting to hear that a model checkout out as printable but is still rejected. Would you mind mailing me some of those files (that's bart@shapeways.com), and your order numbers? This helps us make the printability checker more robust.

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Are there upload Issues again?
Next Topic:Avatar picture