Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Complex Furniture Project
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Complex Furniture Project [message #77389] Wed, 23 October 2013 17:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar smicha84  is currently offline smicha84
Go to all my models
Yo Wasup Creatives!

I studied ID at Pratt, but I'm not a tech wiz. And I need help!

I have a fantastic furniture project I've been sitting on... That was dumb... In any case, I really need someone who has access to the right software and is proficient in it as well, that can handle huge file sizes... In the 5-7 gigabyte range... The current file I have been working on has 90 million points...

I think Geomagic studio, or one of it's other titles is the best for this project.

I don't care what software you use, but it needs to be able to model high res environmental surface data, and perhaps additional NURBS data, so that a solid form can be modeled for 3d Printing.

I would consolidate the point data, but I don't want to compromise the resolution of the final print because I'm using real environmental data. so experience in this matter will be very appreciated.

I need to work with you one on one because major formal design features haven't been decided on yet because of my inability to model the project on my own.

I want to eventually print this thing... Prototype sections at first for verification, and a final large print... I'm not sure what material yet.

I would like to finish this project before December 2nd...

If you're cool, there's Lots more work for you.

I need to work with someone in the NYC area only.

best,
Stefan

P.S. I would upload a sample file/photo, but it's not a generic type project.
Re: Complex Furniture Project [message #77407 is a reply to message #77389 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 20:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Before you find a modeller, you'd need to find a print house capable what you're after.

Each of Shapeways' materials have maximum bounding box restrictions, for instance the two largest printable Shapeways materials are Strong & Flexible plastic, max 650x350x550mm or Stainless Steel, max 1000x450x250mm.

Now those materials might fit your requirements, however the maximum filesize for upload is 64MB along with, the other upload restriction, 1,000,000 (one million) polygons triangles*, will more than likely scupper the way forward for you.

Good luck,
Paul

*the upload page [still] says polygons, when the actual restriction is triangles. Whilst a triangle is a polygon, a lot of 3D modelling programs use quads (two triangles to form a 4 sided polygon) = confusing terminology Confused

Previous Topic:Need 3D Modeler for Model Train
Next Topic:Would like someone to model a figure dancing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.