Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » 3D printed parts are not assembling together
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D printed parts are not assembling together [message #77172] Mon, 21 October 2013 07:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar govindtamke  is currently offline govindtamke
Go to my shop
Hi,
I've 3D printed (ABS) two mating parts which are having face to face contact (two concentric cylinders).
There is no interference in cad model but 3D printed parts are not assembling.
Can any one tell me what clearence (and other tips) should i use in next project and any possible repair for these parts.
Thanks for your time.
Re: 3D printed parts are not assembling together [message #77179 is a reply to message #77172 ] Mon, 21 October 2013 08:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Are you sure about the ABS ? That would mean a part not printed by shapeways, so one would probably have to know the accuracy of the printer
you used (something of the RepRap type ?) to give advice.
ABS is attacked by acetone (typical ingredient of nail varnish removers), so you may be able to make your parts fit if the overlap is not too much.

Previous Topic:Soldering gold and silver items?
Next Topic:FUD and Acetone- a surprise result.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.