Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Easiest way to make a hole for pourability in Cinema 4D?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Easiest way to make a hole for pourability in Cinema 4D? [message #77125] Sun, 20 October 2013 11:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar freemansmindtoys  is currently offline freemansmindtoys
Go to my shop
Embarassed

I'm somewhat new at the whole Shapeways game so I'm struggling a bit on how exactly one goes about making a hole in the bottom of an object to allow pourability for the printer in order to make the object cheaper to print? I know how to do so in other programs but C4D is my prefered platform and hollowing
out the model just doesn't seem to make it light enough. Thanks for any help that comes from this topic!

• Attachment: hammer.stl
    (Size: 183.48KB, Downloaded 23 time(s))

Re: Easiest way to make a hole for pourability in Cinema 4D? [message #84234 is a reply to message #77125 ] Sun, 02 February 2014 22:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RobTorres  is currently offline RobTorres
Go to my shop
I see that you removed some polygons from the model to make it hollow at the bottom of the handle. The problem now is trying to get the walls thick enough without destroying the geometry that you worked so hard for. Normally, I would make your object a child of a Clothnurbs, and set the thickness with a 1 = 1mm. However, there is no easy way to do this with your model without ruining the geometry. I would just close the hole and print it as is, making it watertight.

Cool hammer, by the way!

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/robsmakershop

Previous Topic:Can't import model with color
Next Topic:Problem with saving as STL in Solidworks