Home » Community » 3D modelers for hire » General Rate of Freelance 3D Modeler (?)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
General Rate of Freelance 3D Modeler (?) [message #74880] Mon, 16 September 2013 18:26 UTC Go to next message
avatar emavian  is currently offline emavian
Go to all my models
Hi there, I'm brand new to Shapeways and am curious to know if there's a general rate or cost 3D modelers charge ?

Is it by time / project / level of detail? Will it cost $10 / $25 / $150 ?

Thanks, in advance, for the weigh-in!

Erin

emavian@gmail.com
Re: General Rate of Freelance 3D Modeler (?) [message #74915 is a reply to message #74880 ] Tue, 17 September 2013 09:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
I moved your post to the '3D modelers for hire' forum, I think you may get more response here Wink

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: General Rate of Freelance 3D Modeler (?) [message #76793 is a reply to message #74915 ] Tue, 15 October 2013 16:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Paullen  is currently offline Paullen
Go to my shop
I am curious as well. I have a little hobby space ship design i made with blender and was wondering it would take to make it printable?
See also post in 3D art https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=766 82&&srch=spaceship#msg_76682

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 16:28 UTC]

Re: General Rate of Freelance 3D Modeler (?) [message #76908 is a reply to message #74880 ] Wed, 16 October 2013 22:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
emavian wrote on Mon, 16 September 2013 18:26

Is it by time / project / level of detail?

Yes / yes / yes. It all depends on each other. Generally i create price on project basis, i also calculate how much our i spent on each project, so i know if i need to ask more or i can do it for less in next project.

For example. model provided by @Paullen has no specific details (except satellite dish but it will be probably deleted to ensure printability) and if my only job is to make it printable without any "creative modeling" i dont need much time to do it and i can ask for 15€ which is lowest price possible in my price list (even here are some exceptions).

How much do you need to ask? it depends on how much you want/need to earn and how much taxes you need to pay...

If you look, you can find blogs/forums about this topic, especially for freelancers, all over the web.

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.

Previous Topic:I hunting for affordable modeller that can do 1/64 scale project.
Next Topic:Cleancut modeling(hard-surf/organic)/HiRes 3dScanning+Repair