Home » Support » Suggestions » New HTML e-mail format from forums
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #76517] Thu, 10 October 2013 18:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar TrainThingz  is currently offline TrainThingz
Go to my shop

Opinions on the new E-mail format from the forums?[ 2 vote(s) ]
1.I love it! 0 / 0%
2.Meh. It's OK. 0 / 0%
3.I don't really care. 0 / 0%
4.It's just a minor annoyance. 0 / 0%
5.I hate it! 1 / 50%
6.Someone told me there was pie? 1 / 50%

No thank you! Uh Oh

I have a 27" monitor, I don't need a three line e-mail eating 12 vertical inches of screen space. Any e-mail program worth running ( and even most that aren't) allows you to set up the visual appearance of your incoming mail in the way that makes it most readable for you... unless it's overridden by someone that thinks THEY know better than you do how your mail should be presented.

If you have to have this nonsense, at least make it "opt in". Don't ram it down our throats like this... like Yahoo and Google. Frown

[Updated on: Thu, 10 October 2013 19:02 UTC]

Re: New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #76532 is a reply to message #76517 ] Thu, 10 October 2013 21:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
What email? Do you mean the forum text?
Re: New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #76536 is a reply to message #76532 ] Thu, 10 October 2013 22:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
What email are you referring to? I received a forum PM notification at 8:58 am this morning and it's the same look as every other one I've ever gotten.

Can you forward a copy to me: models@stonysmith.com

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #76542 is a reply to message #76536 ] Fri, 11 October 2013 01:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'll do better than that.

Here are both versions... Top one is the original format, bottom one how they started showing up this morning. These screen shots taken less than 30 seconds apart, with no changes to my email settings.

index.php?t=getfile&id=42718&private=0

Re: New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #76548 is a reply to message #76542 ] Fri, 11 October 2013 01:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I tossed it over to the Developers.. They'll take a look in the morning.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #76727 is a reply to message #76548 ] Mon, 14 October 2013 19:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kzasada  is currently offline kzasada
Go to my shop
I work here
Eh yeah, that doesn't look so hot. We'll clean that email up, thanks for flagging it for us Smile
Re: New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #79016 is a reply to message #76727 ] Thu, 14 November 2013 21:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, it's been a month... and I'm still getting those ugly e-mails. I don't know why they have to be HTML.... RTF, or even better, plain text would be fine.
Re: New HTML e-mail format from forums [message #79317 is a reply to message #79016 ] Tue, 19 November 2013 14:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey TrainThingz,

I asked around and I'm afraid we had to de-prioritize this issue for now - everyone's working around the clock to get things ready for the holiday season. I'll be tracking it on the community wishlist, so it won't be forgotten!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Reporting inappropriate items
Next Topic:"My Posts" option...

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.