Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » linking users to designs
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
linking users to designs [message #7579] Mon, 02 November 2009 20:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
A small suggestion. Often, when reading the forums and seeing insightful contributions from other members, I want to see what they've designed. Currently, clicking on a user's name links to a page where I can see what they've posted, but not what models they've uploaded. It would be nice to have a link that goes to their list of models, and (if available) their shop, on the user information page.

Thanks for listening!

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: linking users to designs [message #7582 is a reply to message #7579 ] Mon, 02 November 2009 22:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
I second this suggestion. I've noticed the problem as well.
Re: linking users to designs [message #7585 is a reply to message #7582 ] Tue, 03 November 2009 07:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
I agree too.

More generally, there is no link between the shop, the forum and the blog. They are just 3 separate things.

It would be more user-friendly if there would be links between them. Example: in the blog, I should be forced to use my Shapeways pseudo, not my actual name.

Moreover things that are working in one of the parts are not working in another. Example: in the forum, I can modify a post (which is very useful for anyone for whom English is not the native language) and get a notification when someone else posts an answer, but in the comments of my designs pages I cannot do it: how do I know someone has posted a comment for one of my object and probably is waiting for an answer? In the blog, you can just have the notification, no modification is possible.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2009 12:44 UTC]

Re: linking users to designs [message #7649 is a reply to message #7585 ] Fri, 06 November 2009 21:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Good suggestion. I have added it to the work queue.

Previous Topic:Trouble with the Co-creator platform
Next Topic:App Removal : Shapeways Editor

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.