Home » Support » Bug Reporting » linking users to designs
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
linking users to designs [message #7579] Mon, 02 November 2009 20:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
A small suggestion. Often, when reading the forums and seeing insightful contributions from other members, I want to see what they've designed. Currently, clicking on a user's name links to a page where I can see what they've posted, but not what models they've uploaded. It would be nice to have a link that goes to their list of models, and (if available) their shop, on the user information page.

Thanks for listening!

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: linking users to designs [message #7582 is a reply to message #7579 ] Mon, 02 November 2009 22:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
I second this suggestion. I've noticed the problem as well.
Re: linking users to designs [message #7585 is a reply to message #7582 ] Tue, 03 November 2009 07:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
I agree too.

More generally, there is no link between the shop, the forum and the blog. They are just 3 separate things.

It would be more user-friendly if there would be links between them. Example: in the blog, I should be forced to use my Shapeways pseudo, not my actual name.

Moreover things that are working in one of the parts are not working in another. Example: in the forum, I can modify a post (which is very useful for anyone for whom English is not the native language) and get a notification when someone else posts an answer, but in the comments of my designs pages I cannot do it: how do I know someone has posted a comment for one of my object and probably is waiting for an answer? In the blog, you can just have the notification, no modification is possible.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2009 12:44 UTC]

Re: linking users to designs [message #7649 is a reply to message #7585 ] Fri, 06 November 2009 21:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Good suggestion. I have added it to the work queue.

Previous Topic:Trouble with the Co-creator platform
Next Topic:App Removal : Shapeways Editor