Home » Community » It arrived! » Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #76434] Wed, 09 October 2013 12:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar macouno  is currently offline macouno
Go to my shop
They arrived quite a while ago, but I hadn't taken pictures yet...

Dorus can be found here: http://shpws.me/oLlX
Manus is here: http://shpws.me/oGNO

They are the best of friends! So they should really go as a pair Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=42572&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42573&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42574&private=0

I'm really happy with the models... but they both already have been damaged a bit... I hope the full colour sandstone gets a more durable finish sometime!!

Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #76455 is a reply to message #76434 ] Wed, 09 October 2013 19:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
They blend(er) good! Smile

https://www.facebook.com/Numarul7
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #76929 is a reply to message #76434 ] Thu, 17 October 2013 14:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Ah, I didn't know Dorus has a friend! I guess I'll have to get Manus printed as well, as Dorus is now always alone on my desk Smile

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #76932 is a reply to message #76434 ] Thu, 17 October 2013 14:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
macouno wrote on Wed, 09 October 2013 12:37

I'm really happy with the models... but they both already have been damaged a bit... I hope the full colour sandstone gets a more durable finish sometime!!

Get yourself some Glaze Coat. 2 part resin. experiment on some sample pieces first to work on getting the consistency right.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #76994 is a reply to message #76434 ] Fri, 18 October 2013 11:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks guys,

Bart: yeah I made him a while ago already... I actually have an idea to make it a threesome, but having a hard time coming up with the right name... especially since it'd be best if it were an old dutch name ending with us Wink G**us the Griffin? I'm not sure yet!

Youknowwho4eva: For me to do finishing myself isn't the best idea really... I was the guy in art school who consistently had fingerprints on all his works! So maybe that's better left to shapeways to figure out... full colour has been here for a while... I'd expect there to be multiple good options by now Wink
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #76997 is a reply to message #76994 ] Fri, 18 October 2013 13:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Wahtah  is currently offline Wahtah
Go to my shop
Kobus the Kraken? Wink
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #77184 is a reply to message #76997 ] Mon, 21 October 2013 11:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Wahtah: Awesome! I may have to do that one... though... perhaps a bit difficult with the style... an octopus/giant squid doesn't necessarily have the characteristic feet Wink
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #77245 is a reply to message #77184 ] Mon, 21 October 2013 20:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SavIsSavvy  is currently offline SavIsSavvy
Go to my shop
I work here
These are awesome! Great work!

Savannah, your Shop Owner Coach/Global Community Manager
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #77998 is a reply to message #76434 ] Fri, 01 November 2013 17:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Just out of curiosity, what sort of wear and tear did they get to incur damage?

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur [message #78028 is a reply to message #77998 ] Sat, 02 November 2013 09:56 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
You know... things fall sometimes... not from great heights... but.. with this material even a tiny drop results in damage. And handling them is dangerous... I show them to people, and they all want to touch... If you show it to 10 people you're sure to have damage (someone will scratch it with a nail)

Previous Topic:3D Printed Chinese Abacus.
Next Topic:Polished bronze violin!