Home » Support » Suggestions » Make my own coupon codes
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Make my own coupon codes [message #75579] Thu, 26 September 2013 18:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar Lightbringer  is currently offline Lightbringer
Go to my shop
It would be really nice if I could create a coupon code to use for marketing, like 10% off orders before a given date to encourage early shopping for custom orders before Christmas. I can do this on Etsy, but not Shapeways so far. Naturally this would only affect my own markup, not the production cost.

-Harry
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #75649 is a reply to message #75579 ] Fri, 27 September 2013 15:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
This has been discussed in the past. In the update Wednesday, we addressed some internal discount issues.

For now you could set up a separate item with special pricing, that you could delete, modify, hide, etc after the sale is over.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #75663 is a reply to message #75649 ] Fri, 27 September 2013 16:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Lightbringer  is currently offline Lightbringer
Go to my shop
The point is also to use the codes to do things like reward repeat customers/ people willing to sign up for an email list, or see how much off my business comes from Twitter vs Facebook etc.
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #76259 is a reply to message #75663 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 21:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
We really need this as well ! Uploading the same model with a lower markup would mean that you have to buy it again to be sure it won't get rejected. Most people love discounts so it would be a big plus for the shapeways shops, maybe ad a watermark on the model (picture) explaining the amount of discount.

(Off topic)
A place for people to subscribe to a shop mailing list would be great too located on the shop page and model pages.

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #76267 is a reply to message #76259 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 23:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
FabMeJewelry wrote on Sun, 06 October 2013 21:00

to be sure it won't get rejected

Past prints are no warranty of new prints, at least until further notice. https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=12976

Just create the new object. Or lower the markup in the old. Or order some of the old and, if they print again, sell them direct with discounts or extras.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 October 2013 23:07 UTC]

Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #76271 is a reply to message #76267 ] Mon, 07 October 2013 00:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Ok so this means a model is checked on every order and there is no succesfully printed flag ?
I've commented in the preventing rejections topic in the past and i read it every day Smile

Thanks.

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #76278 is a reply to message #76271 ] Mon, 07 October 2013 03:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
No, there is not a simple "Printed Before" flag. But.. each time a model has been ordered (and possibly rejected) is stored in their database.
A simple query of the database gives a count of the number of times ordered, number of times failed, thus a % of success.
It amounts to the same as a flag, and actually gives them more information than a simple flag would.

As to the question of how they intend to reduce checking the models on (almost) every order, I'm not privy to how that will be addressed, but I know it's a hot topic.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #76279 is a reply to message #76278 ] Mon, 07 October 2013 04:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
So they could give the ratio to the designer? Then why not already doing it?
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #76292 is a reply to message #76279 ] Mon, 07 October 2013 13:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
There is a long list (that I'm not privy to) of enhancements scheduled for the website.
This (ratio) is just simply something that hasn't made it to the top of the priority list yet.

And, it's not nearly as important to present the ratio to the shopowners as it is to present it to the production team.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Make my own coupon codes [message #76329 is a reply to message #76292 ] Mon, 07 October 2013 22:08 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
So it isn't "simple query of the database gives" but "will give". Thus there is no print flag or similar system yet, it's just scheduled, sometime in the future.

Also, it is important for shop owners: fixing models before they are ordered again. It's about action instead of reaction, specially for times in which models are ordered a lot. If errors would be reported with photos the process would be even better. But "we need to know when and how things fail" has been in the list for a long time.

Previous Topic:Direct Markups to Recognized Charities?
Next Topic:Changing your username

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.