Home » Support » 3D Applications » Starting over from Scratch - which program to use
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Starting over from Scratch - which program to use [message #76113] Fri, 04 October 2013 16:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar Battlefire  is currently offline Battlefire
Go to all my models
Hi,
So, I have used Sketchup with Shapeways for a while, but I end up spending a great deal of time trying to get all the features of the model to upload with the various plugins. So, I am going to learn and buy a new software. Any advice? I am not particularly technically inclined, but I didn't find Sketchup hard to learn. I also don't want to spend thousands. I was looking at Alibre. Anyone use it? And did you have any trouble with certain features not uploading properly?
Thanks!
Re: Starting over from Scratch - which program to use [message #76124 is a reply to message #76113 ] Fri, 04 October 2013 18:41 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Try a couple of the freebies before you write them off.. Blender is pretty good, even if some of the key sequences are a bit unsual.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Cinema 4D
Next Topic:What is the best way to make gears in Blender 3D?