Home »  » 3D Design » manifold error
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
manifold error [message #7590] Tue, 03 November 2009 16:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar junkat90s  is currently offline junkat90s
Go to all my models
hello everybody,

there's problems in my object

for information, i'm using c4d
I've tried to use MeshLab, it colours me 2 regions for non-manifold, but I don't know how I can resolve it

if someone can help me

thank's a lot in advance

• Attachment: final_11.stl
    (Size: 1.87MB, Downloaded 80 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2009 18:51 UTC]

Re: manifold error [message #7593 is a reply to message #7590 ] Tue, 03 November 2009 21:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
Hi
the shapes you have booleaned in the surface, have some separated vertices and two of them have just been covered with faces (as seen in pictures). you should delete or leave them just open.

• Attachment: surface.jpg
    (Size: 67.23KB, Downloaded 104 time(s))

• Attachment: wire.jpg
    (Size: 83.10KB, Downloaded 89 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 03 November 2009 21:10 UTC]

Re: manifold error [message #7596 is a reply to message #7593 ] Tue, 03 November 2009 23:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
thank's a lot Smile , I'm going to delete them right now !
Re: manifold error [message #7597 is a reply to message #7593 ] Tue, 03 November 2009 23:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
Im pretty sure this is what you were going for. The main problem is the entire inner ball was inverted.

Just so you're aware (if this was your intention) the inner ball is too large to rotate inside the outer sphere. The shells are intersecting and will just print fused together. If your idea *was* to have the inner ball rotate inside, you'll be wanting to scale the ball down a little.

Anyway, enjoy.

Re: manifold error [message #7604 is a reply to message #7597 ] Wed, 04 November 2009 12:52 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
thank's to this comments.
I change the normals.

In fact, I didn't want the inner sphere can rotate.
But it was important, that we can see an other sphere was included in a more important sphere.

thank's a lot for all this help.
Great community

Previous Topic:Problems with closing holes
Next Topic:Non-manifold in Rhinoceros

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.