Home » Support » 3D Design » Problems with closing holes
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Problems with closing holes [message #7560] Sat, 31 October 2009 19:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar FalconMiniatures  is currently offline FalconMiniatures
Go to my shop
Hello all, I have been trying to close the holes in my mesh and when I do it screws up the model, putting lines and walls were they shouldnt be.

I am new to all of this so any help would be great! I have attached the stl file.

Thanks

• Attachment: Arch.stl
    (Size: 1.31MB, Downloaded 91 time(s))

Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7561 is a reply to message #7560 ] Sat, 31 October 2009 21:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
Hi. i cleaned your mesh for you. there were several holes and a large face area inside the object. i tried upload it and it got thru ok

cant really explain how to fill holes, but try to find some tutorials for the program of your choice.

Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7562 is a reply to message #7561 ] Sat, 31 October 2009 22:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Wow thanks! I just started doing this king of stuff....and im using sketchup and I see many others have problems with it as well. Thanks again!
Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7564 is a reply to message #7562 ] Sun, 01 November 2009 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
May I ask what program you used to fix my model? I have several mor models done in sketchup that have the same problem, and meshlabs seems to keep crashing when I try to use it to fix my holes. Thanks for the help.
Re: Problems with closing holes [message #7575 is a reply to message #7564 ] Mon, 02 November 2009 13:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
I used blender3D to fix your model. http://www.blender.org/
it can be bit hard to learn at start, but i reccommend it (being the only program ive ever used Razz )

Previous Topic:shape is PERFECT in magics> non-manifold for shapeways.
Next Topic:manifold error