Home » Support » Suggestions » Mention use of html tags on model edit page
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75416] Tue, 24 September 2013 21:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Seems there are still shop owners who are confused by the limitations of the editor field for model descriptions.
One solution could be to expand the text that now reads "Click to edit" to include "(use html codes for formatting)" or similar.
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75424 is a reply to message #75416 ] Tue, 24 September 2013 23:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TrainThingz  is currently offline TrainThingz
Go to my shop
Even better would be to enable the same text editor for shop item descriptions that we use here... Why have two different interfaces for the same task?
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75426 is a reply to message #75424 ] Tue, 24 September 2013 23:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The forum is a commercial product. The shop descriptions is custom code that Shapeways developed themselves.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75521 is a reply to message #75416 ] Thu, 26 September 2013 06:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
mkroeker wrote on Tue, 24 September 2013 21:06

Seems there are still shop owners who are confused by the limitations of the editor field for model descriptions.

It seems I am still one of them! I knew about <p> and <br>, but when I tried to use <i> and <em> they apparently did nothing. Anyone have a list of what works?
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75533 is a reply to message #75521 ] Thu, 26 September 2013 10:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Does this thread help ? (I really should have tried
my own examples in that other message before posting)
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75539 is a reply to message #75533 ] Thu, 26 September 2013 12:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, it does, thanks.

Don't really understand why there would be a partial implementation, though. Ho hum...
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75625 is a reply to message #75539 ] Fri, 27 September 2013 06:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
I guess one guy wrote (or dug up) an editor component that understands all HTML tags, and some other guy used the site-wide css style sheet to override all the "normal" meanings of <i>,<b>, <em> Confused
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75627 is a reply to message #75625 ] Fri, 27 September 2013 08:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
I used http://www.html.am/ to create the html code for my own shop (www.spoorobjecten.nl

The top description was made using that website Smile

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75651 is a reply to message #75416 ] Fri, 27 September 2013 15:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
Are there any codes or character strings you can use to define a block of text such that anything inside the block is immune to html coding?
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75654 is a reply to message #75651 ] Fri, 27 September 2013 15:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TrainThingz  is currently offline TrainThingz
Go to my shop
I believe the
<code>
tag does that... in fact, I just used this editor's version of that to show the tag in this post. Recursive HTML! "Yo, dawg, I heard you like code in your code so I put some code in your code so you can code while you code..."... or something like that...

Of course, the DISadvantage of that is that it changes to a mono-spaced font in that block.

EtA: Nope, never mind... apparently that's another ignored tag. I just tried it in one of my items and all the HTML in the code tag still worked.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 September 2013 15:47 UTC]

Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #75680 is a reply to message #75654 ] Fri, 27 September 2013 20:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Use <pre> if you want to keep the browser from rearranging line breaks and paragraphs - however there is AFAIK no html tag to switch
off interpretation of <....> as tags, so you would need to write them as &lt; and &gt; in any case.
Re: Mention use of html tags on model edit page [message #89943 is a reply to message #75426 ] Mon, 19 May 2014 14:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kitcase  is currently offline kitcase
Go to my shop
Hello,

Thanks for moderating! It is really helpful and already have learned a great deal as a shop owner!

Is there a simple list of HTML code for the Product editor that works in Shapeways for things like: Text size, Bold, etc....

Thanks!

Christopher

kit-case

Previous Topic:Shapeways' customers need a "Wish List" option
Next Topic:search by user name

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.