Home » Support » 3D Applications » Supported applications, I could use a little help
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #72445 is a reply to message #9996 ] Wed, 31 July 2013 15:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 3D_Makery  is currently offline 3D_Makery
Go to my shop
Mathematica has a native support for OBJ. I think!

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/3DGeometryAnd ModelingFormats.html
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #72821 is a reply to message #9996 ] Thu, 08 August 2013 15:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ken_Bringhurst  is currently offline Ken_Bringhurst
Go to all my models
Strata actually has four variants of Design 3D (3 sold on the Mac App store and 1 directly by the company) that support VRML2, OBJ and Collada DAE:

Strata Design 3D SE
Strata Design 3D SE 7
Strata Design 3D CXi
Strata Design 3D CX

Strata Foto 3D (uses a standard digital camera to capture fully textured 3D models) supports VRML2 and Collada DAE and comes in two versions:

Strata Foto 3D SE
Strata Foto 3D CX

Thanks.
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #73282 is a reply to message #72821 ] Mon, 19 August 2013 16:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Carlomez  is currently offline Carlomez
Go to all my models
I use Creo Elements / direct modeling express 4.0, which is the free 3D software from PTC (download available at http://www.ptc.com/products/creo-elements-direct/modeling-ex press/).
It uses a proprietary format, but you can export both STL and VRML (version 1.0 and 2.0) files for 3D Printing. When using the STL format, remember to check the Options: usually the default values for Max Deviation (Distance and Angle) are a bit too large; if you have curved surfaces, reduce the angle to obtain smooth surfaces.

Carlo
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #73590 is a reply to message #73282 ] Fri, 23 August 2013 21:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mazzmn  is currently offline Mazzmn
Go to my shop
FYI Here's a tutorial on how I used Google Sketchup and Shapeways to create some 3D printed objects

http://www.instructables.com/id/Create-a-3D-Printed-Secret-C ode-Wheel-with-Shapewa/
Also a presentation I did on it here
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gaof8fAK_NcaIvF4osNT PoAK7Pywj49B0Zom_kiSyTU/edit#slide=id.p
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #73889 is a reply to message #9996 ] Thu, 29 August 2013 14:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar caryo12  is currently offline caryo12
Go to all my models
Hi Bart,

IronCAD offers two 3D Design products that support STL, VRML, and the OBJ formats. Can you add these to your list. If you need the product for testing/verification, let me know.

Best Regards,
Cary

www.ironcad.com
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #74489 is a reply to message #9996 ] Tue, 10 September 2013 03:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 3defy  is currently offline 3defy
Go to my shop
Hi Bart,
Could you please add 3Defy to the list of supported applications? We now allow users to export their 2D to 3D conversions in Shapeways-compatible X3D format.
Thanks!

http://www.3defy.com

I posted more info here:
https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=744 88#msg_74488

[Updated on: Tue, 10 September 2013 03:50 UTC]

Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #77272 is a reply to message #9996 ] Tue, 22 October 2013 03:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MaraJade  is currently offline MaraJade
Go to all my models
I saw Solid Edge mentioned a long time ago but it's not in the main list. Does that mean it's not compatible or just overlooked?
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #77390 is a reply to message #9996 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 18:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar evosoft  is currently offline evosoft
Go to all my models
Hello Bart

I develop the PC/Mac applications listed below that support import & export of STL (ascii & binary), OBJ, and VRML.

ViaCAD 2D/3D
ViaCAD Pro
Shark LT
Shark FX

Regards

Tim Olson
EvoSoft

Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #77710 is a reply to message #9996 ] Mon, 28 October 2013 17:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duram  is currently offline duram
Go to all my models
I use Turbocad and it saves STL, OBJ, X3D, DAE, Collada or VRML97/2 files, which one file do you really prefer to use to print? which one give more details to the finish job? which one lose less info when exporting from the original twc (turbocad) file?
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #78325 is a reply to message #9996 ] Wed, 06 November 2013 15:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pdussart  is currently offline pdussart
Go to my shop
Sir,

I am using Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express 4.0. It is edited by PTC.

This is an extremely powerful professional tool. It is a freeware as long as you limit your model in 60 assemblies. STL as output.

See http://www.ptc.com/products/creo-elements-direct/modeling-ex press/

Direct Modeling
Work with assemblies, parts, surfaces and wireframe models
Create and edit models using direct drag-and-drop techniques
Modify models using commands such as mirror, stretch and scale
Create and edit assemblies using either a top-down or bottom-up approach

Handling assemblies
Create assemblies that have unlimited unique parts Max 60
Share assemblies and parts; create once and share multiple instances
Manage and edit assemblies using the same drag-and-drop techniques used with files and folders

Associative 2D Drawings
Automatically create associative 2D drawings from 3D models
Update 2D drawings and dimensions automatically when the 3D model has been modified

3D Visualization
Use enhanced realism to generate a realistic model impression with shadows and reflections

Data Exchange
Import 3D geometry, and edit assemblies and parts automatically, as if the design data is native STEP, 3D IGES,
Import STEP and 3D IGES formats
Export and publish VRML and STL formats

Platform support
32-bit Editions of Windows® 7, Vista® and XP
64-bit Editions of Windows 7, Vista and XP

Licensing
Individual registered user license
Activate license through Internet connection
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #78360 is a reply to message #9996 ] Wed, 06 November 2013 21:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
DesignSpark Mechanical IT'S FREE
Saves as STL and OBJ
http://www.designspark.com/eng/nodes/view/type:page/slug:mec hanical

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #78874 is a reply to message #78360 ] Wed, 13 November 2013 14:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kitty  is currently offline Kitty
Go to my shop
There is a utility for Autodesk 123D design that doesn't come standard with 123D, called autodesk 3Dprint utility.
You can find it on the same site as 123D Design.

it is a standalone application that can hollow out solids in an .stl file.
Just load the .stl, and you are presented with a few options, like :

position the object to minimize the needed support material
show or hide the support material in prview
show the dimensions.
scaling
and most important : hollowing out the object where you can define wall thicknes

It will calculate cavities in the solids and after saving the changed .stl you can use your modelling application to remove cavities that are too small to be usefull and cut holes to the outside to remove support material from the inside.

Maybe usefull to mention it seperately in Supported Applications
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #80945 is a reply to message #27224 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 13:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PassionateShadow  is currently offline PassionateShadow
Go to my shop
Is there away to make MudBox applications useable?

• Attachment: Untitled.png
    (Size: 264.54KB, Downloaded 28 time(s))

Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #80974 is a reply to message #72821 ] Tue, 10 December 2013 16:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ken_Bringhurst  is currently offline Ken_Bringhurst
Go to all my models
Strata now includes STL in Design 3D CX with version 7.5
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #81094 is a reply to message #9996 ] Thu, 12 December 2013 00:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar eriksundheim  is currently offline eriksundheim
Go to my shop
Hi,
I have successfully created 3D designs and exported to *.STL files using Bentley Microstation. That should be on your list.

Erik
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #85958 is a reply to message #9996 ] Fri, 07 March 2014 22:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Somian  is currently offline Somian
Go to all my models
Hi,

the information about cheetah 3D isn't correct (or outdated). It supports obj natively.
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #86682 is a reply to message #9996 ] Mon, 24 March 2014 20:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar punchfacechamp  is currently offline punchfacechamp
Go to all my models
Autodesk Alias can export OBJ and STL formats
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #86958 is a reply to message #9996 ] Sun, 30 March 2014 18:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Shazam1842  is currently offline Shazam1842
Go to all my models
Is Creo Parametric compatible? It is a branch of Auto Cad, but for 3D modeling?
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #86960 is a reply to message #86958 ] Sun, 30 March 2014 18:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar IanJeffray  is currently offline IanJeffray
Go to all my models
Creo Parametric has no relation to Auto CAD. Creo (Formerly Pro/Engineer) is an industrial grade CAD tool, well suited for design for 3D printing ... I've used it for models printed at Shapeways with good success.

Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #86988 is a reply to message #86958 ] Mon, 31 March 2014 07:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pdussart  is currently offline pdussart
Go to my shop
Shazam1842,

Regarding Creo, see my message dated from November 2013. I have to add that this freeware is also running on Windows 8. I used this tools since 2010 and have produced 3D designs through Shapeways without a glitch.

The full version and its numerous add-ons is also a parametric tool fully compatible with STL files production.

Regrads, Philippe
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #87094 is a reply to message #9996 ] Wed, 02 April 2014 02:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Archigreen  is currently offline Archigreen
Go to all my models
I've been working with BIM program called ArchiCAD 17 for a long time and I was surprised it is not on your list.
It can save files as a STL.
Kind regards,
Franz
index.php?t=getfile&id=55845&private=0

Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #87505 is a reply to message #87094 ] Tue, 08 April 2014 17:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar J94R  is currently offline J94R
Go to all my models
Hello,
i use creo parametric 2.0 to design 3D objects, check it out from here:
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #88647 is a reply to message #9996 ] Mon, 28 April 2014 01:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kmyumeka  is currently offline kmyumeka
Go to all my models
Hello,

Shade 3D from http://www.mirye.net/shade-3d supported the following file formats,

STL, OBJ, COLLADA and VRML 2.0

Cheer,
KM
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #89194 is a reply to message #9996 ] Mon, 05 May 2014 23:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lynnfredricks  is currently offline lynnfredricks
Go to all my models
Shade 3D, published by Mirye Software supports STL, OBJ and COLLADA natively and is available on Windows and Mac OS X.

http://www.mirye.net/images/products/shade14/shade-to-unity-bonko_560x315.jpg
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #89198 is a reply to message #52072 ] Tue, 06 May 2014 01:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Archigreen  is currently offline Archigreen
Go to all my models
bartv wrote on Mon, 30 July 2012 10:00

I've updated Lightwave and Catia, thanks!

Bart

what about ArchiCAD? can you update to your selected list?
Thanks
Re: Supported applications, I could use a little help [message #94020 is a reply to message #9996 ] Wed, 16 July 2014 04:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar MLM247  is currently offline MLM247
Go to all my models
I use Aspire by Vectric for 3D. It support exports not only into .STL but ai, photoshop etc.

Used a lot by the Shopbot crowd as it is the 3D upgrade to their 2D Vcarve software.

Thanks,
Mike, Austin TX

Pages (4): [ «    1  2  3  4] 

Previous Topic:Cinema 4D and WRL files
Next Topic:image to 3d model?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.