Home »  » Buying » Price difference
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Price difference [message #74428] Sun, 08 September 2013 16:44 UTC Go to next message
avatar dem0n  is currently offline dem0n
Go to my shop
I uploaded several versions of a model to cut down on the printing cost, but there always seems to be a price difference that I can't seem to clear up.
When I look in 'My Models' I see the price for a white strong & flexible print of that model comes at € 68.34 (shipping not included), but when I click on 'Edit Model' and look at the price it says € 56.48... So where is that € 11.86 price difference coming from?

Also, is there a way to check wall thickness through Shapeways? I do all my 3D modelling in Zbrush, and for now there isn't a feature to measure that, so I'm pretty much always guessing and hoping it gets green lit Smile

Freelance digital artist. Check out my portfolio at www.konraddobson.com
Re: Price difference [message #74430 is a reply to message #74428 ] Sun, 08 September 2013 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Quote:

So where is that € 11.86 price difference coming from?

VAT as (assumed to be) appropriate for your delivery address.

Quote:

Also, is there a way to check wall thickness through Shapeways ?

Only in the sense that you can wait for the manual check that is done after you order your model (which might end with rejection). Your best bet is to download netfabb studio basic (free, cross-platform, a stripped-down version of what shapeways uses for checking/processing models) from netfabb.com and use its measuring tools.
Re: Price difference [message #74431 is a reply to message #74430 ] Sun, 08 September 2013 18:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar dem0n  is currently offline dem0n
Go to my shop
mkroeker wrote on Sun, 08 September 2013 17:37

Quote:

So where is that € 11.86 price difference coming from?

VAT as (assumed to be) appropriate for your delivery address.

Quote:

Also, is there a way to check wall thickness through Shapeways ?

Only in the sense that you can wait for the manual check that is done after you order your model (which might end with rejection). Your best bet is to download netfabb studio basic (free, cross-platform, a stripped-down version of what shapeways uses for checking/processing models) from netfabb.com and use its measuring tools.

Thanks! Looks like I've got 1.3mm walls.
I havn't really printed anything in Strong & Flexible plastic before. How flexible does it get exactly? Would 0.7mm still be solid? Or would it be squeeze-able?

I really appreciate the advice Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 08 September 2013 18:17 UTC]

Freelance digital artist. Check out my portfolio at www.konraddobson.com

Previous Topic:Prices Euro vs. Dollar different?
Next Topic:Using Walmart/Target Debit card.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.