Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » 3D modeler needed for quote and mass produced miniature models for growing international company.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon1.gif  3D modeler needed for quote and mass produced miniature models for growing international company. [message #74424] Sun, 08 September 2013 14:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar DigComDesigns  is currently offline DigComDesigns
Go to all my models
Hello, my name is Carlos and I am CEO of DigCom Designs. We are an international brand within the model railroad industry with Authorized representatives in the US, Canada, Mexico, Austraiia, and New Zealand. Our models are mostly scale down replicas of intermodal containers in all its variants, tour buses and others. We now need to move up to our demand and require 3D models designed and printed in 1:220 / 1:160 / 1:87 scale. High detail and accuracy are required for an authentic replica. Movable parts required for adjusting a final position only. This is to be a static model, not a toy. I can supply 2D drawings of the prototypes. Mostly intermodal equipment. Photo etched details are to be installed to every model to enhance its realism and these accessories must be considered in the design. MOQ is based at 250 units per scale./per model. Anyone up for the challenge or have a better idea of where I should go while avoiding Chinese manufacturing? Thank you.
Re: 3D modeler needed for quote and mass produced miniature models for growing international company [message #74425 is a reply to message #74424 ] Sun, 08 September 2013 14:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Send me some images of what you've got in mind...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/stonysmith

http://shpws.me/otz5

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: 3D modeler needed for quote and mass produced miniature models for growing international company [message #74427 is a reply to message #74424 ] Sun, 08 September 2013 16:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JCAD  is currently offline JCAD
Go to all my models
Hi Carlos,

Providing the 2D drawings of these items makes things really easy when it comes to 3D modeling them. Turn around time would not be long.

Can you send some of the drawings or all to info@jcad.ca so I can get an idea of detail required etc. and provide you with an accurate price/model?

Thanks!

Jason Vander Griendt, C. Tech | CEO
J - CAD Drafting & Design Inc.
info@jcad.ca
www.jcad.ca
Re: 3D modeler needed for quote and mass produced miniature models for growing international company [message #74437 is a reply to message #74427 ] Sun, 08 September 2013 22:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar designanything3d  is currently offline designanything3d
Go to my shop
Private message sent!

Previous Topic:Please quote 3D rendering of 2D cartoon character
Next Topic:Need Modeler for Quick Job Repairing Thin Wall