Home »  » It arrived! » Adventure Time Finn for friend
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Adventure Time Finn for friend [message #74380] Sat, 07 September 2013 00:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar wickedcake  is currently offline wickedcake
Go to all my models
I made this character in Maya for a friend who LOVES the show! I worked on it so that she could hang it from a rearview mirror or something. That way I didn't have to worry about balancing the crazy proportions.

index.php?t=getfile&id=40181&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=40182&private=0

• Attachment: side.jpg
    (Size: 152.09KB, Downloaded 17 time(s))

• Attachment: back_white.jpg
    (Size: 142.53KB, Downloaded 14 time(s))

• Attachment: front.jpg
    (Size: 472.24KB, Downloaded 153 time(s))

• Attachment: back.jpg
    (Size: 598.36KB, Downloaded 150 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 07 September 2013 00:41 UTC]

Re: Adventure Time Finn for friend [message #74382 is a reply to message #74380 ] Sat, 07 September 2013 01:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
Oh that is so seriously awesome AND with a great paint job!

I did a BMO in full color sandstone but didn't dare make the arms and legs too long or wiggly and I braced them using the body. Maybe an FCS body with painted or dyed SF arms attached to it could work for both models.

What character is next? I'd like to see Shapeways do an Adventure Time challenge!

https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/290x218_1152229_1225150_1377020838.jpg
Re: Adventure Time Finn for friend [message #74386 is a reply to message #74382 ] Sat, 07 September 2013 04:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar wickedcake  is currently offline wickedcake
Go to all my models
Thank you!! I just used markers and hoped for the best.

That's an awesome BMO! The colors look fantastic!! Did you brace the legs/arms due to the nature of the sandstone material? Either way really nice job Smile

Not sure which one I'll do next, they're so fun!!
Re: Adventure Time Finn for friend [message #74390 is a reply to message #74382 ] Sat, 07 September 2013 06:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop

Nice work, well done!

Quote:

I'd like to see Shapeways do an Adventure Time challenge!

Unlikely, I would have thought, due to IP issues.
Re: Adventure Time Finn for friend [message #74407 is a reply to message #74380 ] Sat, 07 September 2013 18:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
I braced the arms & legs because I thought the sandstone would easily break during shipment if too long.

I guess there is a potential IP issue but that's how things go. Personally I only did the BMO design to experiment with color design techniques using Tinkercad for FCS. But with Tinkercad organic shapes are a royal princess pain in the bubblegum so that pretty much limited experimentation to using something more geometric like BMO.

If anyone complains I can always convert it to an XYMO iPad and make it red with spiky hair or something. Or would that upset Apple?

[Updated on: Sat, 07 September 2013 18:30 UTC]

Re: Adventure Time Finn for friend [message #74464 is a reply to message #74380 ] Mon, 09 September 2013 13:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Seeing the show is no longer on, I wonder if we could do The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Probably not, but I wouldn't mind having a Cap'n K'nuckles

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Commodius mini-fig Upgrade Set
Next Topic:Gold Plated Myth Skull

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.